Forums Latest Members

Thank you Omegaforums! My 200th post!

1. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Aug 8, 2015

This is my 200th post and following RawArcher's example I would like to thank OF for all the knowledge, help, and fun! I have always liked mechanical watches but it was not until 2011 or 2012 that I picked up my first Omega. It was in rough shape and it took a long time to get to me. Story to follow maybe. I started researching the watch and Omegas in general and stumbled on the OF. I lurked and learned for a long time before finally joining late in 2014. The one thing I have yet to learn is condition x3 as I enjoy finding watches that need some (or a ton) of TLC and tinkering. I once purchased a bastardized Seamaster 2828 that someone installed a quartz movement into. I sourced a cal 471, nos hands, and the correct stem and crown to bring it back to life. My collection and love for Omegas has grown with my knowledge thanks to the OF. I would like to thank the members for all their help specifically peatnick for his kind words in the seller profiles & reviews thread and for his instructions on how to resize images for posting. I would like to thank gatorcpa for his post in the recommended watches thread back in May that led me to my first Connie with all the boxes and papers! I know 200 posts does not mean much to the members but I feel us new members do not feel like official members until we pass that milestone.
    Thanks again all!

My first Omega a Seamaster 2938 cal 284. image.jpg
    Big Hippocampus image.jpg
    My Connie. image.jpg

Edited Aug 12, 2015
  2. saturn1981 Aug 9, 2015

Congratulations. Nice watch. Pie pan. What year is it?

Giff2577 likes this.
  3. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! Aug 9, 2015

Thank you. The serial number dates it to '59-60' and the paperwork states it was first purchased in 1961.

4. sliceoftime_ Aug 10, 2015

Congrats, hope I can achieve the milestone soon! It really is a breeze here!

Giff2577 likes this.