Forums Latest Members
  1. dantaspaulo Oct 6, 2013

Hi all,

This is just a quick note to thank you. In the past 6 months I've bought three nice little watches with your help, which I see as the beginning of a nice little collection. Considering my limited budget (I'm still in my mid-20s) I think I've done quite well so far: a nice Dynamic, a nice bumper and a decent 70s Geneve with the nicest cracked dial ever. I've learned to spot (and hate) redials and how to bargain with sellers and I've learned to admire those pretty pieces from the 50s. I must say I have also developed this weird fetish with lugs. Will now be saving up a bit to get my first Constellation.

And I feel really, really embarrassed about my first ever post here, asking if a ridiculously redialed 30t2 was a redial.

Thanks.

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 6, 2013

you are more than welcome! i was in your position just over 12 months ago, and the guys here have been excellent.

3. ulackfocus Oct 6, 2013

Like the commercial said: "Nothing beats a great set of Lugs". (well, it sounded like that! :p)

Yeah, well go to the thread about the first vintage Omega you bought and look at the monstrosity I posted. :confused: :oops:

4. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Oct 6, 2013

5. dantaspaulo Oct 6, 2013

Dennis, such monstrosities have been rather motivating, actually. Good thing is that 30t2 I managed to sell that 30t2 with (almost) no financial loss to a dealer. I was quite pleased to part with it and use the money towards my first Dynamic.