Forums Latest Members
  1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 8, 2020

Edited Dec 8, 2020
    Pazzo, queriver, wristpirate and 2 others like this.
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 8, 2020

Cool live. A lot of common knowledge repeated but it made my 90min drive of the day. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

eugeneandresson likes this.
  3. pdxleaf ... Dec 9, 2020

Funny sense of humor the Universe has. So last Friday I learned that my local dealer has a ck2998 blue in inventory. I have a little thing for the white dials and blue anyway. I start reading about it and thinking about it and come to the conclusion that I gotta have it. (I will spare you all the reasons why it is one of the best modern Speedys. ) I call him up and he says we just sold it and are waiting for the wire transfer. Arrgghh. And what is the first watch the Davidoff brothers discuss? The blue ck2998. So i agree that it is a special watch.

The funny thing is they next pull up a new 2998 on the screen to compare. I am looking at it and thinking the third ck2998 LE was a panda, is this 2998 some kind of new ck2998 LE I haven't heard of? But that can't be. Did they do a redial to make it all black? Slowly my brain comes around and I realize he is holding an original 2998 that looks NEW! I couldn't even fathom that there would be one like that. Holy crap. That was worth the price of admission right there.

Not surprised to see the gold watches. They always get drug out. Yah, they are nice, move on. It feels like rubbing it in when a gold watch pops up. I want to be happy for them but I am not that magnanimous no matter how hard I try (except for anyone reading this who has one. You are the exception and I am happy for you.)

The discussion around the price of Snoopy 2 was interesting as they didn't seem that surprised at how pricey it's getting. Sure they snorted a little when 40K was mentioned. But then they rationalized why it is garnering the attention it gets, which they felt was well deserved. It was nice to hear the Snoopy 2 discussed outside of the attention it is getting for its price.

And who is this Mr. William Roberts they kept mentioning? Whoever he is he seems to be hoarding Speedmasters.

Always fun to see speedy videos. Thanks.

Have you been to the Davidoff shop? I hear it's overwhelming.

Dash1, eugeneandresson and apsm100 like this.
  4. apsm100 applysome! Dec 9, 2020

https://speedmaster101.com/

janice&fred likes this.
  5. queriver Dec 9, 2020

Interesting comment from Roy about Albino dials ageing differently. There was an instagram post earlier this year showing 3 Albino's side-by-side, each with slightly different dial colour, but without any explanation. Mystery solved.

6. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 9, 2020

Spacefruit. Had the pleasure of meeting him once per chance. He was rocking two 105.012-65's, and we had a nice chat about pushers and other Speed-dweeb things :)

Here you can see the (beautiful) tip of the hoarding iceberg ...

Lots of interesting and valuable comments from the Bro's. I don't agree with the comments about 90s speedies all turning that beautiful color though ... like the green 70's speedies, I beleive those colors are how they came new ... but thats another whole kettle of fish...

janice&fred likes this.
  7. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 9, 2020

BD433061-95BD-4A42-A8C5-1299E9254CE8.jpeg

they do :p

;)

janice&fred and eugeneandresson like this.
  8. pdxleaf ... Dec 9, 2020

Ah, once again my attempt at humor falls flat.

I thought I was being clever with my reference to the "prolific Speedmaster Hoarder" nom-de-plume.

I would not be who I am without Mr. Roberts and am indebted to him, as are we all.

20201209_091235.jpg

apsm100 likes this.
  9. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Dec 9, 2020

Aaaah...I beleive html has specific tags for that ... <sarcasm>insert sarcistic bit here</sarcasm>...

apsm100 and pdxleaf like this.