Forums Latest Members
  1. Katana Apr 11, 2019

I have a Globemaster purchased from an OB in 2018, so it's relatively new. I've just noticed that the minute hand doesn't match up to the minute markers when the second hand strikes the 12 marker. When the second hand is at 12, the minute hand is about halfway between 2 minute markers. Not sure why this is happening, does anyone have a clue? Is is an issue that will resolve itself or do I need to have this addressed?

I've worn the watch everyday since I got apart from the past few days. So the only time the watch stopped ticking since I purchased it was yesterday, so wound it. This issue only happened after I wound it to get it going again and set the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Canuck Apr 11, 2019

Who set the watch to the time, most recently? This watch should be equipped with a hack feature that stops the seconds hand with the crown pulled out to the hand setting position. When the seconds hand reaches 60 seconds, pull the crown all the way out. Using your favourite time reference source, set the watch to the next minute, with the minute hand on the minute mark. When your time reference matches the time on your watch, press the crown in. The watch cannot do this by itself! If you don’t get it bang on with the first attempt, repeat. There is nothing wrong with the watch.

frederico likes this.
  3. Katana Apr 11, 2019

I set the watch. Still relatively new to mechanical watches. Thanks for the advice, I’ll try that.

4. Katana Apr 11, 2019

Ok, thanks for your instructions, it set the watch correctly. Turns out when I set the time I was overly focused on matching the second hand to the source, but did not think to align the minute hand perfectly. Lesson learned.