Forums Latest Members
  1. misterhyde Feb 2, 2021

Dear members, I’m not being lazy, I promise, but I just can’t find helpful info anywhere so I’m asking you.
    I’ve a Hesalite Sandwich Speedy which I love. I’ve decided to invest in a really top quality non OEM alligator strap, however I want to put on an original Omega tang buckle. The strap will be 20mm tapering to 18mm.
    I looked on Omega site and couldn’t find anything. I asked my boutique of choice but they don’t sell them. Please help. Which one should I get?
    I was thinking of the 025STZ010129, but I’m open to expert suggestions.

2. 3rdstringholder Feb 2, 2021

Not an expert suggestion, but call another OB. I was looking for an 18mm calfskin strap for a little Geneve last year. My local OB said no bueno. Called another OB 400 miles away and they were like, no problem. Ordered the strap and tang buckle, didn't even ask for a cc until it arrived. Mailed it and voila! Keep us posted.

3. avidmark Feb 2, 2021

"Watch Obsession" sells Omega tang buckles.

4. Evitzee Feb 2, 2021

I needed an 18mm tang buckle (the brushed version found on the first SpeedyTuesday). Took the number to my OB, they ordered it and it arrived within the week. $50. It helps if you have the ref. number but they can look in their catalog for the various versions available. Sounds like your boutique is lazy. Try again.

5. misterhyde Feb 2, 2021

I contacted two authorised dealers that I’ve bought from in the past. It shouldn’t be this difficult.

6. misterhyde Feb 2, 2021

They sell just one type, and as it happens they’ve sold out.

7. misterhyde Feb 2, 2021

I’ve tried two authorised dealers that I’ve purchased watches from with no joy. I’m not going to keep on trying different boutiques, it really shouldn’t be that difficult.

8. Tcritchley80 Feb 3, 2021

Never used them and not sure whether they ship international, but have found this website before when browsing clasps, buckles, etc.

https://www.swisswatchspares.com/

9. misterhyde Feb 3, 2021

No idea how I missed this. Many thanks

10. amcclell Feb 3, 2021

Have Omega stopped producing these to drive people to the deployment clasps? I have several that I purchased 5-10 years ago - gold plated, stainless, 16mm, 18mm, even a 10mm for my wife's seamaster.

11. YY77 Feb 3, 2021

Omega is now offering straps with and without pin buckle on their site, it's more the OB the OP contacted is lazy in getting a sales. The swisswatchesparts.com will most certainly be more expensive than ordering that same part from the OB/AD.

12. amcclell Feb 3, 2021

OK - makes sense. I am not a fan of deployment clasps, so I would hate to lose the pin buckle option.

13. misterhyde Feb 3, 2021

So I managed to speak to someone who works out of the London Oxford St boutique. There is only one pin buckle available, and according to her it’s nothing special. She said that they wouldn’t fit it, which I can understand, plus I’m 250 miles away. At least I got some clarification. It also makes me question all the “original” Omega buckles on EBay

14. amcclell Feb 3, 2021

None of these were ever manufactured by Omega, and to my knowledge they were outsourced to other companies to produce. For the past 10-15 years, they could be ordered through the Omega parts supply network and had genuine Omega part numbers on Omega packaging. Mine came from Perrins and Otto Frei, and the part number was etched on the underside of the buckles. I would suspect that lots of the ones on ebay are counterfeit.

misterhyde likes this.
  15. Bernardino Feb 3, 2021

I have several that got from cousins UK and a few from the sales forum here.

you need to be registered with cousins

amcclell likes this.
  16. amcclell Feb 3, 2021

Here is a photo of one that I have.
    20210130_105217.jpg

17. misterhyde Feb 3, 2021

The registration is not a problem, in fact I believe I already have an account. The problem is they haven’t original Omega.
    The strap really does warrant an original buckle, that’s assuming I’m right about them being superior. Maybe I’ve just got too much time on my hands.‍♂️

18. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 3, 2021

Probably best that way since you don't have a strap/ buckle yet to keep it on your wrist ;)

19. amcclell Feb 3, 2021

I really don't there is anything superior. They all look fine and besides that, there were so many different variations. Watch collecting just seems to attract a significant number of individuals who are somewhat obsessed with authenticity.

20. misterhyde Feb 3, 2021

Do I need a strap?