Forums Latest Members
  1. Diver88 Sep 3, 2019

Hi guys,

Found this older TAG-Heuer diver and it looks like the hands have some issues and was wondering two things:

1. Will or can, TAG-Heuer still replace the dial, bezel and hands and service the watch?
    2. If so, how much would we be talking for the repair?
    3. Is the repair/restoration worth it?

Questing three is subjective depending on the person/history with the watch.

980.613N/1 model maybe?

Thanks for any input!

s-l500.jpg
    red crowned likes this.
  2. Diver88 Sep 3, 2019

Or this one...980.013N

s-l1600.jpg
  3. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 4, 2019

unless you got the watch for free or a really good price it's not worth it.....i really shouldn't say that. .i mean..it could save u money if you want to go in that direction though.

aren't these <$500 in decent shape good working condition?

why would you want to get rid of the dial on the 1st one? tag might not even ave these 1000 dials anymore. the 2nd one has character as well, and you might me able to clean it up some and still look cool. a new compatible mercedes handset for either is around 20 bucks

any seasoned watch service man can drop in a swiss quartz from a donor watch or a new one for around 50-100..or if he's good fix the original for around 75-100

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 4, 2019

Tag Heuer has a good service centre in Australia.
    Had a Link SL/E serviced. $500-600 IIRC

5. percymon Sep 4, 2019

For the first one , just a relume of the hands or some replacement hands and a service by a competent watch smith is probably all that's needed to make it a useable watch with some patina. Of course you could polish the heck out of it if thats your desire.

The second one has had water ingress that may clean up on the dial, but needs a full movement service (or replacement movement) - not cost effective unless it's something you want to keep many years, or has non monetary value to you

STANDY likes this.
  6. Diver88 Sep 9, 2019

What years were the 1000 and 2000 models made?
    What does the T mean before and after the SWISS MADE on the dial?

7. Walrus Sep 9, 2019

Ya if the watch has meaning to you I guess it’s worth doing something about. I’m not talking bad about the watch it’s just they loose value so quickly, like as soon as you walk out the store after you paid but sometimes a watch has sentimental value and I’ve spent more fixing it than it was worth. That’s for family items

8. zoohannover Sep 9, 2019