Forums Latest Members

Tag Heuer "Aquagraph" CN211A Servicing/parts

1. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Apr 9, 2019

Good morning all.

I have a Tag Heuer Aquagraph CN211A which was the first “luxury” watch I bought in 2003 and was probably responsible for my slow decline into watch collection and financial ruin. It holds sentimental value and is still part of my rotation.

It has been a daily beater/work horse for me since its purchase and has only been serviced once some time around 2008/09. It is still keeping good time but probably overdue for a service and more importantly it will need some TLC in terms of parts. Specifically the rubber covers for the Chrono-pushers have worn out completely and the crown no longer locks back in position.

I have heard anecdotally that Tag parts are really difficult for independent watch repairers to get hold of and therefore I will have to bite the bullet and send to Tag service direct to get the work done and in the process be screwed by them from a cost point of view.

Can anyone advise if this is actually the case or whether it is possible to send the watch to an independent repairer in the UK who will be able to get parts undertake the work more reasonably?

appreciate any help and advice

Photos of watch in existing condition and google image showing rubber pusher covers below

Existing with rubber pusher covers removed
    WP_20171114_07_23_30_Pro.jpg

Crown won't screw down in place
    WP_20171114_07_23_52_Pro.jpg

Google image with rubber covers in place
    6892892_s210.jpg

Edited Apr 9, 2019
  2. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Apr 9, 2019

Bump

3. ChrisN Apr 9, 2019

I think these have the calibre 60 which is an ETA 2892-2 base with a Dubois Depraz module on top. Most watchmakers can service the 2892 but the DD module is a bit trickier. They can be serviced without issue, unless they need parts... You can't get parts for them at all. There's a fair amount of work on top of the base movement service and many won't touch them. If you're interested, I rebuilt one and put photos on here a few years ago (similar module).

TAG would replace the module if it is out of spec and you're very likely going to find that their costs will be comparable to anyone else because of that.

Crowns and pendant tubes are usually available but I have not seen those covers before and I suspect you'd need to go to TAG for them.

In this case, if I were you, I'd go back to TAG.

Hope this helps, Chris

4. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Apr 9, 2019

Thanks Chris, as I said the watch is keeping good time but if I was going to get the pushers and crown done I figured I would get a service at the same time. The pusher covers were originally rubber which wore out/perished over time. They look easy to replace if I could source some but not looking likely :(
    Cheers for the advice. I was hoping for better news but good of you to spare the time to reply

5. abrod520 Apr 9, 2019

If there's anyone I'd expect to have anything to say, it's the guy who's named himself after this model lol.

@Aquagraph

We've also got a sister forum focused on TAG, forums.calibre11.com - you might have more luck there. Same login as OF

6. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Apr 9, 2019

Many thanks haven’t been on there before but may give it a go