Forums Latest Members

Tactico Anko - any experience here please?

1. tikkathree Jul 24, 2018

2. dragoman Jul 24, 2018

They are made by a Spanish microbrand... well, let's be clear, they are made in China. A Spanish microbrand, Tactico, a sister company to Crepas, outsources the manufacturing process.
    This one was a forum project that went slightly sour: in almost every watch, the dial was misaligned, due to a manufacturing irk: the watch does not have a movement holder, and for that reason the dial and the movement may move slightly and get out of line with the chapter ring, which is fixed to the case.

In some cases the brand made a modification and I think it even added a movement holder, but in some other cases it said that it was not serious enough to warrant a repair, and called it a "feature" of the watch.

Another feature was that this was supposed to be a limited edition of 300 watches, but in fact, due to a mistake, 400 were made. (400 seems to be the sweet spot for these kind of outsourced projects, as there is always a b-series, a limited "now in black", or whatever, which ends up reaching the magic number, whatever the initial limited number is promised to be). This time it was a faxing mistake, or so they said (really, not kidding).

The watch was clearly a looker, and owners said quality was acceptable, but the misaligning affair, and the 100 additional watches that poped out of the blue and the way Crepas dealt with it all, caused a lot of bad blood.

3. tikkathree Jul 24, 2018

Dragoman

That's a very helpful summary.

Reflecting on what interested me I now recall previously modding a Vostok scuba dude with the same bezel & insert and it wouldn't be hard to replicate the look of the entire dial & handset in a Seiko or Vostok case, otherwuse the curiosity of the Marine Master experience at a lower price point....

Engages reverse gear, does a u-turn and decides to travel in the opposite direction......