Forums Latest Members
  1. callie Jan 4, 2023

Hi Guys,

wanted to get your feedback on experience with STS in the UK. I've recently used them for the first time and to be honest, I was left very disappointed. Before sending in my Omega Seamaster I asked them multiple times if the bezel will be replaced and they confirmed that it will. When I received the watch back it was not replaced. They replaced the date wheels which I asked them to, but the day and week wheels have different colours. To complicate things further, I'm in Germany and cant simply send it back and forth. I already had to deal with import duties to get it back after the repaid (long story). I've written to them about the bezel and hope they are not simply going to ghost me and come back with a workable solution.

Was this just my bad luck or is this the normal level of service to expect from them?

Greetings,

Callie.

IMG-4372.jpg IMG-4371.jpg
    Risto and kaplan like this.
  2. kaplan Jan 4, 2023

Sorry to hear about your experience, they both seem unacceptable to me

Sad part is, to correct the discs, hands have to be removed and reinserted again, and it's just another stress cycle for the hands and the dial :(

marco likes this.
  3. Dan S Jan 4, 2023

Does that watch have a bezel?

4. mac_omega Jan 4, 2023

not a "common" bezel, obviously he means the "inner" bezel

Dan S likes this.
  5. Dan S Jan 4, 2023

Yeah, I was wondering if he was referring to the rehaut. I'm wondering if there was a miscommunication between the OP and the watch repair business.

UWG likes this.
  6. kaplan Jan 22, 2023

OP what happened by the way, was this issue resolved?

7. callie Jan 22, 2023

Yes, so STS agreed that it was their error and will do the replacement of the inner bezel free of charge. I now have to sort out the shipping without incurring further customs charges. Regarding the date wheel, they said they will have a look if they can find better matching wheels. It seems they mix and march parts which I was a bit surprised about.

kaplan likes this.