Forums Latest Members

SOLD Sweetest Lemania calibre 3000 you´ve seen?

1. marturx Nov 15, 2016

SOLD here is this awesome Lemania manual wound watch from the mid 50ies.

Unpolished s/s case in excellent condition, measures 35 mm excluding the crown.

Extremely nice honeycomb dial in mint condition. Factory original. Copper coloured arabic hourmarkings and dauphine hands.

The movement runs good and keeps good time.

I would like to have USD 620, shipping, registered mail, fully insured, with the Swedish post included. I and the watch are located within the EU.

Feel free to return the watch on my expense, if it doesn´t match my description in text and/ or pictures, and if the deviation is material.

Honeycomb Lemania.jpg

Honeycomb Lemania, front.jpg

Honeycomb Lemania, liggande.jpg

Honeycomb Lemania, höger.jpg

Honeycomb Lemania, left.jpg

Honeycomb Lemania, back.jpg

Honeycomb Lemania, lock.jpg

Honeycomb Lemania, verk.jpg

Edited Nov 17, 2016
  2. tmw57 Nov 16, 2016

pm sent!

JohnSteed, GuiltyBoomerang and oddboy like this.
  3. Edward53 Nov 17, 2016

Out of interest, is this the same movement as the 30T2?

4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 17, 2016

Thanks to whoever grabbed this (@tmw57 ?). Saved me from a very uncomfortable conversation with my other half. :D

oddboy and ulackfocus like this.
  5. tmw57 Nov 17, 2016

I am the guilty party. And a very sneaky guilty party. I have all my watches sent to a "UPS Store". Then unpack the watch (throw the incriminating packing boxes in the trunk of the car) and stick it in my pocket and sneakily place it in the watch cabinet when I get home. Weeks later when my lovely other half sees it on my wrist and asks about it I usually respond with "this old thing? why, I bought it from Syrte in Paris years ago....or was it Tony when we last got together.?...I just can't seem to remember...

I am usually an upstanding guy who does not lie...except when it comes to my watch addiction.

And this actually never works anyway, as she always knows when I am lying....

6. marturx Nov 17, 2016

Watch is sold, to the Gentleman above.

Todd. This one you´re now getting, is a perfect unisex watch. I suggest you share it with your wife, I´m sure she´ll like it much! :)

Thanks OF and it´s Mods!

JohnSteed and Northernman like this.
  7. tapaptpat Nov 17, 2016

Looks like a cracker. Maybe next time [emoji10]. Congrats to both.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

8. ulackfocus Nov 17, 2016

Look at that dial! ::love::

9. tmw57 Nov 17, 2016

Martin always sells great watches at great prices
    Very highly recommended!

rupertthebear and marturx like this.
  10. ulackfocus Nov 17, 2016

I know - I've bought.... and missed.... a couple things from him.

BTW, love your avatar. It's a wolf! It's a train! No, it's SuperShepherd!

tmw57 and marturx like this.
  11. tmw57 Nov 17, 2016

Thanks for commenting on my beautiful boy....he'll be 13 next month and can still catch a frisbee!
    Also the sweetest Shepherd I've ever had..

12. Northernman Lemaniac Nov 17, 2016

No. The cal 3000 is entirely a Lemania in-house job.
    Base caliber is the S27. The same ancestor as the cal 27CH - aka Omega 321. All developed and made by Lemania.
    If you study the balance of a the cal 3000 and compare with a cal 321 you will see the "anti-catch device" they share.
    (Picture from Ranfft).
    IMG_1897.JPG

Jwit likes this.
  13. tmw57 Nov 17, 2016

Great info. Thanks NM.

JohnSteed and Northernman like this.
  14. Edward53 Nov 17, 2016

Thanks for that, appreciated.

Northernman likes this.
  15. François Pépin Nov 18, 2016

Thanks for these info.

We talked about this device in another thread... I am intersted by its function or the reason why it has been put into Lemania or Lip watches. Must say I have serviced a few Lips with it and still cannot figure it out...

So would be glad to learn what it is supposed to be for. You said it was an anti-catch device. Could you please elaborate?

Thanks!

16. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 18, 2016

I think it's to keep the hairspring from getting tangled or jumping out of the pins if the watch is dropped or shocked. The flats will guide the spring back into place when the balance starts oscillating again.

17. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Nov 18, 2016

Don't hairsprings oscillate in opposite directions "down under" than here in the North? I would be afraid that your watches might run backwards and that is what the anti-catch is for!

18. François Pépin Nov 18, 2016

Thanks! That makes sense.

But is it actually a common issue? Never saw a watch which stop because a hairspring jumped out the pins after a stock. But I guess it happens!

19. Northernman Lemaniac Nov 19, 2016

Hi.
    The naming of the device I have taken from Ranfft. I have no better name for it.
    I believe (guess) it has been put there as an extra shock protection measure.
    Basically preventing the hair spring/balance getting entangled/dislodged at extreme shock exposure.
    Any better guess is welcome.
    The caliber was developed during a period when military use was very much in focus.
    Making an extremely rugged construction was important, and using a simple and elegant solution like this might have been considered a good idea, even if the real life value might be questioned.
    The fact that it was carried over to so many other and later designs by Lemania should indicate that it was indeed considered to add value?

Cheers!

François Pépin likes this.
  20. marturx Nov 19, 2016

I have actually seen it happen on a Speedmaster that I bought a long time ago. It had been dropped on a concrete floor, and the hairspring actually jumped out of place due to the shock.

This happened early in the watch's life, and wasn't fixed, so the watch was in mint condition when it came to me :)

François Pépin and Northernman like this.