Forums Latest Members

SOLD Sweet Vintage (1947) Two-tone Sector Dial ETERNA

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 2, 2019

As I feel a bit sorry for collectors who have been priced out of the LONGINES and OMEGA sector dial market, I've decided to offer a very attractive, good value alternative. :D

This lovely ETERNA is in excellent overall condition, and especially considering its age. The dial is one of the nicest radium sector dials that you are likely to find. Under a loupe you will see a very fine, evenly spread 'pinpoint' patina on the dial face, which to the naked eye I would say is not distracting. The original lume plots are plump, and fully intact.

The hands match the dial very well, and, although there is more darkening of the minute hand lume, I believe both are likely to be original. I say that because the base colors appear identical, and all of the lume, including both hands and dial, reacts positively to a black light, yet decays immediately. A geiger counter also confirms the presence of radium, though I did not test individual parts. To be clear, I am not certain that the hour hand lume is original, but if not, then someone did a remarkably good job matching colors, sensitivity to a black light, and decay rate.

The 33mm screw-back steel case is typically high-quality, by which I mean that ETERNA cases from this period were excellent. The case is unpolished, and shows only a few very small, light scratches, and one tiny gouge on the crown side.

The movement is a 1079 H, and dates to 1947. Like the other main components of the watch it is in excellent condition. I do not know the last date of service, though, and would strongly advise one for regular wear.

While it won't be at all easy to find another like it, I am willing to sell this beauty for $975 (or €875), with EMS express shipping included. EU bank transfer preferred, but I will also consider Paypal.

The watch will ship from my home in Lisbon, Portugal. PLEASE NOTE: Monday (08/04) is likely to be the earliest day that I will be able to ship the watch, though there is a small chance that I would be able to get it out on Friday.

Feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dougiedude, hlee, Tritium and 32 others like this.
  2. Radiumpassion Apr 2, 2019

Btw it`s a ref 06WDT;)

Lovely watch! GLWTS!

271EE9EA-B6A4-4560-BAF5-16E86D2E9997.jpeg

alam, Vitezi, 0uss and 6 others like this.
  3. divetime Apr 2, 2019

If it wouldn’t be a 33...
    Very beautiful and vtg. Eternas are underrated...
    Very lovely dial!

Dan S likes this.
  4. Jonatan Apr 2, 2019

What a beautiful watch Tony! Best of luck with the sale.

Tony C. likes this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 3, 2019

Have bought from @Tony C. and would again.

And yet again a great watch from a great seller.

( tip for newbies, you always look at how many and who the likes are from in these FS listings ;) )

dougiedude, Tony C. and sdre like this.
  6. alam Apr 3, 2019

bump deserving! another beauty offered by Tony! GLWS!

Tony C. likes this.
  7. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 6, 2019

Just one bump before exposing the watch to a wider audience! Serious offers considered.

hlee and STANDY like this.
  8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 6, 2019

Such a lovely watch....

9. tmw57 Apr 6, 2019

Very surprised this one is still here.