Support at estimate 168.005 in stainless steel with gold hands / indices

Hi everyone,

I was offered a 167.005. I'm no longer a complete novice, but I'd still like to ask you for your opinion.

I will get pictures of the movement, movement number should be 19623772.

- The case seems to me to be unpolished
- Dial perfect or almost perfect and original
- Crown not correct - but I have never seen a crown like this before. Does anyone know which reference it belongs to ?

I am not sure about the configuration of the dial: it is without onyx but the hands seem to be filled with tritium - isn't the "T" missing then?

What price would be reasonable? It should be a around €1,700 - head only.

Thank you!

Andreas

IMG_6955.jpeg IMG_6956.jpeg IMG_6957.jpeg IMG_6958.jpeg IMG_6959.jpeg IMG_6960.jpeg

Like 1
IMO, this is no more than a $1,000 watch. Since you seem to be in the EU, add VAT to that.

Case has been polished, there are flaws in the dial lacquer and crown is not original. Hands may have been replaced also, but they look to be the correct length.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

Like 2
IMO, this is no more than a $1,000 watch. Since you seem to be in the EU, add VAT to that.

Case has been polished, there are flaws in the dial lacquer and crown is not original. Hands may have been replaced also, but they look to be the correct length.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

Thank you for your help. To summarize from your point of view, ok but too expensive. ;)

Here in Germany, dog legs with pie pan dial are only rarely offered and are then also expensive. I've been looking for about 12 months now and it's the first one in steel with gold hands / indexes. I'm still trying to get the price down...:thumbsup:

Dial fonts and spacing looks great, case looks vg-ex.(I wish people would not use scissors to open the back!).......and the Bite of Payment fades over time on a watch you'll enjoy for many years.

definitely too high by a factor of 2 if you plan to flip in a 6 months to a year or so.

Somebody adjusted that crown for easy winding, I would bet.

Like 8
As the serial no. is 19623772 it must be an early ref. 167.005 so no ‘T’s in this case could be correct. I also think the case is reasonably sharp. The crown is a strange one, it’s almost as if the original crown has been put in a lathe and knurled on the edge. Possibly to give more grip as the original crowns are notoriously difficult to wind. It’s overpriced yes but only by around €300 - €400.

Like 7
I need to see the movement pictures and inside of the caseback.

I believe that the crown is original “thin flat feet decagonal” with some modification.:D

Like 6
For a normal person, a $1000 Pie Pan is a dream

Like 5
That case is quite sharp for its age, how sharp does the “polished police” need it to be? Razor-sharp? Jesus Christ…

Like 4
Maybe someone would like to change it into the very “thin scolloped” crown.::stirthepot::

IMG_7012.jpeg

Like 1
Another vote here for a really quite nice case and dial.
I’ll bet this watch would look great on the wrist.

€1700 is certainly a bit high but it is a no date pie pan dogleg.
As above, price paid is fleeting, if you like this watch get the real done for a couple of hundred less and enjoy.

Like 7
As the serial no. is 19623772 it must be an early ref. 167.005 so no ‘T’s in this case could be correct. I also think the case is reasonably sharp. The crown is a strange one, it’s almost as if the original crown has been put in a lathe and knurled on the edge. Possibly to give more grip as the original crowns are notoriously difficult to wind. It’s overpriced yes but only by around €300 - €400.

Thanks for the tip about the tritium. Can you tell me until when it was not marked on the dial? Then I'll know for the future.

Thank you very much for all the comments. :-)

I will try to do some more trading and get the watch. If that works out, I will of course show photos here!

The crown is indeed exciting. As a super special custom made, it's probably worth a premium. ::psy::

Have a nice 3rd Advent, Andreas

Thanks for the tip about the tritium. Can you tell me until when it was not marked on the dial? Then I'll know for the future.

Tritium was marked on the dial from c.1962/63 but it’s not an exact science. Dial variations/accepted serial ranges are often specific to each reference.

Like 2
Tritium was marked on the dial from c.1962/63 but it’s not an exact science. Dial variations/accepted serial ranges are often specific to each reference.

Thanks for the info Davidt!

T was on Constellation dials starting 21 mil. That means with 21mil movements you can see it or nothing and both are accepted as original.
T on 19 mil ? Frankened
No T on 22? Frankened .
Some guys already brought a Constellation with no T on a 23 mil and said Omega had no rule hahaha :D

Accept it or not? Up to the buyers.

Like 2
T was on Constellation dials starting 21 mil. That means with 21mil movements you can see it or nothing and both are accepted as original.
T on 19 mil ? Frankened
No T on 22? Frankened .
Some guys already brought a Constellation with no T on a 23 mil and said Omega had no rule hahaha :D

Accept it or not? Up to the buyers.

Where are you getting this data from, have you seen the archives? You are not correct about this, watches in the late 19m serial range delivered in Switzerland after January 1964 have Ts on the dial. From memory I think the rules changed in January? I'd have to dig and check.

This is my example from April, leaving two months for potentially earlier serial numbers with Ts. I have seen several other 19.9m examples but 19.7 or .8 might exist.

Final image is another I that spotted a couple of months ago but with a soft case, I seem to have misplaced the image of the movement.

Cheers,

IMG_2893.jpg Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 12.07.48.png Screenshot 2023-12-17 at 11.56.05.png

Interesting to see that April 1964 extract for a 19.99M serial. Just goes to show that the serial number charts need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Also interesting that you have owned two watches with those last 4 digits rotated. :D

Like 3