Forums Latest Members

SOLD Superb Vintage EDOX Delfin Diver – 38mm

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 9, 2021

One of the trends that has unfolded in the vintage watch market is the rising values of desirable watches that remain in exceptionally good condition. Of course such watches have always commanded premiums, but as so many of them have ended up in 'strong hands' over the years, and do not reappear, the pool has predictably become increasingly shallow.

This EDOX is extremely well-preserved, and I am not certain that it has ever been worn. I bought it four years ago, when it was represented as NOS, but as I can see a few very small scratches on the case back, related to an opening (or attempted opening), I will characterize the condition as excellent throughout.

EDOX is best known to collectors for its Geoscope model, but the company made some nice divers in the '60s, and the brand was particularly popular in Italy. The Delfin model was the backbone of their diver line, and this is an exceptionally nice and attractive example.

[​IMG]

The stainless-steel 'cushion' case measures 38mm, excluding the signed crown. It features very nice contrasting brushed and polished finishes. It was originally guaranteed waterproof to 20atm, and the original protective wax seal on the back remains intact.

The bezel does rotate, but is very tight.

The dial, hands and indexes are all in excellent condition. I like the "paddle" second hands like the red one featured on this watch, as they are easy to follow, and add some interest/contrast to the dial.

The movement is a reliable, ETA-based cal. 2783. It is working properly, but I doubt that it has been serviced since the watch left the factory, and would recommend one for regular wear. I did not want to risk scratching the case back, so have provided no photos. But I guarantee that it is in excellent condition.

I paid 750€ for this watch in 2016, but am willing to offer it to my OF friends at 550€ (or USD equivalent), including EMS express shipping from my home in Portugal. Bank transfer preferred within the EU, but Paypal will also be considered.

Please note that the watch will look better in person, as theses black dial divers always present reflection related challenges when photographing. Also, the lume on the indexes and hands are a more yellow/green in color than my photos suggest. You can view the original advert here, and a get a better feel for the true (and attractive) color:

http://chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?md=read;id=51653

Feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zdzislaw, jB1128, AAAKK and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 9, 2021

OHPF!

Zdzislaw, Faz and downtownbobbyb like this.
  3. Faz Mar 9, 2021

Good eye and great catch by the buyer!

Tony C. and Zdzislaw like this.
  4. wilderbeast Mar 10, 2021

That is a sweet watch from a top seller. Congrats to the buyer!

Tony C. likes this.
  5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 2, 2021

Sold! Thanks to my Thai friend, the supportive members and Mods. :thumbsup: