Forums Latest Members
  1. Squan Feb 20, 2020

Hey Guys,

I noticed recently that my few month old Seamaster has a link that gets sort of stuck on the link under it when I am manipulating the bracelet. Is it just because the watch is new or is the link faulty? I posted a picture of the stuck link. Thanks!

Squan

IMG_3303.jpeg
  2. Meme-Dweller Feb 20, 2020

Someone put too much Loctite in there and it has jammed the pin up. You need to remove the 2 screws and the pin, clean everything up, and reassemble.

Squan likes this.
  3. Evitzee Feb 20, 2020

Try flexing it back and forth a few times with your hands, that might free it up. If not you will have to disassemble it, clean it up and reassemble.

Squan likes this.
  4. Squan Feb 25, 2020

I actually wound up fully replacing the link, screws and pin of the big link. It was smooth for a few days and started getting sticky again. Do you guys recommended taking a tooth brush and water to the culprit link, or should I clean the inside of the link some other way?

5. janice&fred Feb 25, 2020

thinking back on the days we had the drag racing team, our crew guy always went by the motto "if it needs more clearance it will make it on it's own". :D

I would just wear it and sooner or later it will loosen up.

Squan likes this.
  6. Meme-Dweller Feb 25, 2020

then something is clogging up on inside of the other link that the pin runs through. Open it up again, and try to run a small toothpick or floss through it to remove the debris.

Squan likes this.
  7. mgmarsh39 Feb 26, 2020

Agree with above. You've got some wrist cheese wedged in there. I tend to use a small boar hair brush and Q tips to clean mine.