Forums Latest Members

Struggling getting speedy pro bracelet back on

1. FerrisBM Oct 28, 2018

I have removed my leather omega strap and wanted to refit the original steel bracelet of the speedy pro but having issues in getting spring bar in. I just cant see how it goes in! I just cant seem to get the knack of getting one end so i can use the spring bar tool. I have the tool and extra spring bars that come in the pro box but the spring bar just seems to wide to get in at alI. I have searched youtube and amazingly only seem to find removal and nato/other leather strap fitting. There seems to be no tutorial of that final bit of squeezing the spring bars for the metal jubilee. Any tips or links?

2. superfly Oct 28, 2018

Can you make the spring bar fit without the bracelet? That is, is the bracelet getting in your way, or are you simply being clumsy even without the bracelet being in the way? Or is the spring bar somehow incorrect, like wrong size, damaged, etc?

You may just need to practice and/or analyze without the bracelet.

Dan S likes this.
  3. duc Oct 28, 2018

New Speedy's are supplied with spring bars that are slightly shorter for the bracelet and a longer version for use with the NATO they supply. Perhaps you are trying to fit the bracelet with the bars sized for the NATO.

sevenhelmet, ptfly, ppie58 and 3 others like this.
  4. FerrisBM Oct 28, 2018

ah this may be it! I am using the spares that came in a little bag! I left the original spring bars still in the leather and thought it nice to fit new ones. This may be my fatal mistake!

5. FerrisBM Oct 28, 2018

Thanks guys sorted it! Im so annoyed that i didn't realise the spares that come in a bag in the box are longer and therefore impossible to get on the with the metal strap! They are for nato only! Well thats 2 hours of me swearing and getting angry wasted! Ive just gone and got the bars from the leather and hey prestige done it in 1 minute!

ptfly, drhombus24, gostang9 and 4 others like this.
  6. Speedy2254 Oct 29, 2018

Hi,
    I've got a Gasgasbones nylon strap on order for my Speedy Pro. Will I need to swap the bars over do you know?
    Thanks,
    J

7. vbrad26 Oct 29, 2018

Honestly I didn't even know this was a thing. I never even took out the "extra" spring bars.
    I just use the spring bars that were on the watch holding on the metal bracelet when I bought it.
    I use those same spring bars for NATO's and leather straps...

8. duc Oct 29, 2018

I only know that the large box Speedy's come with two sets of bars. There is information available indicating the longer bars are for use with the NATO strap. I'm sure a NATO will work with shorter straps, but Omega provides longer bars for use with NATOs. The long ones do not work with the bracelet (or if they do, they are difficult to install).

ptfly and Speedy2254 like this.
  9. Speedy2254 Oct 30, 2018

Thanks Duc.

J

duc likes this.
  10. JamieG Oct 30, 2018

Everyday is a school day. I didn’t know that either, but I don’t have a Speedy Pro. :)

11. Skyblue44 Nov 1, 2018

Make sure you tape the lugs with masking tape to prevent scratching them if your hand slips!

12. Huus Nov 2, 2018

The longer spring bars are for Omega rubber straps and Omega leather straps and Nato's also.
    As bracelets have such tight fit between the lugs they are installed easier with the shorter spring bars.
    If I am not mistaken the difference in length is 1mm.

13. rob#1 Nov 2, 2018

Yep, that’s right. I found out the hard way (well, after searching the forum :whistling:)

14. vbrad26 Nov 2, 2018

So, for the record, I have never had an issue using the shorter, bracelet spring bars with any of my straps (2-piece or NATO).
    Have I just been lucky? or does it really not matter that much?

15. rob#1 Nov 2, 2018

I never really thought about it until the time I couldn’t get the bracelet back on. Then I checked, measured the spring bars and tried the shorter ones which went in easily. From that point on I use the longer bars for straps and NATOs, and the shorter ones for the bracelet.
    I’ll keep using the longer ones with the straps as it gives me an extra 1mm of peace of mind :unsure:.

16. queriver Nov 2, 2018

This is good to know because I'm thinking of buying a 1171-1/633 bracelet for an ST#2 ultraman. Is someone able to confirm whether the 633 endlinks need the shorter spring bars? BTW: am aware the 633s may need filing.