Forums Latest Members

Strap opinion for Electroquartz

1. MattAus Jul 3, 2014

Here's a Electroquartz 191.0003 purchased new in 1977 - one owner until me. While I previously only wore a Speedmaster and didn't think gold watches were my thing - this one is growing on me! I like the way the crystal has a bezel effect when you look at it from an angle - it is very eye catching.

You can see some crazing on the face - I'm not certain what I can do about that - and general nicks and bumps - it is 18k gold so I imagine I could dent this with a cotton bud.

I took off the old (non original - that and the original buckle were lost years ago) tan leather strap and have an interim Nato on - simply while I make up my mind on what strap I should go with. Bas and Lokes have some good looking dark green leather straps - I was thinking of sourcing an original Omega gold buckle to go with that.

Does anyone have any suggestions? IMG_3174.JPG IMG_3177.JPG IMG_3182.jpg IMG_3183.JPG

2. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 3, 2014

Hi

Black croc would looks great on this ... , either thin or padded. The watch should have some heft to it due to the size of the movement and battery !
    My i suggest you post a side view ( crown view) off the wrist to show how think it is.

Good Hunting

bill sohne

ps be-careful of the nato and prolong use, dirt will get in between the band and caseback and will abrate the gold caseback and leave strap marks !

MattAus likes this.