Forums Latest Members
  1. evmw Dec 9, 2019

Hey there -

I just purchased a 1989 Speedmaster 145.022 from Bob's Watches and after a few days, noticed that the left side of the case is numbered 0239/2000.

I am not aware of this watch being of any kind of limited edition, the box and papers it came with do not reflect any numbered edition of the watch, and I am pretty confused. Any thoughts or help?

At first I thought it was an Apollo XI 20th anniversary but it doesn't include "Apollo XI 1969" in the engraving.

I've (attempted to) attached a photo here and you can see the original Bob's listing below (it says sold out but you can still see all the pics and description:

https://www.bobswatches.com/omega/pre-owned-omega-speedmaster-st145022.html

IMG_1236.jpg
    Tristanp likes this.
  2. cvrle1 Dec 9, 2019

That is Apollo XI 20th anniversary model.

As per Fratello:

the US version has a XXXX / 2000 Apollo XI 1969 inscription, where the German edition has the XXX / 250 Apollo XI 1969 – 1989 inscription. Then there are some differences in the inscription for the US version, where some only use XXXX / 2000, others use XXXX / 2000 Apollo XI and finally a number of them have the year of the Moon landing engraved as well.

evmw and chronos like this.
  3. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Dec 9, 2019

Congrats I guess...I’d be peeved they didn’t disclose or picture the engraving on the case side.

cvrle1 likes this.
  4. evmw Dec 10, 2019

Thank you tons @cvrle1 !

@watchknut yes, I would have rather had it disclosed, it may have ultimately influenced my decision to purchase since I like clean lines and the engraving does ruin that a bit. But I guess it did check all my other boxes and hey, who knows maybe it'll help the resale value

5. vienna Dec 10, 2019

Also looks like a 1450 bracelet,

kind regards Max

6. Dan S Dec 10, 2019

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I wonder if Bob's has a big stock of generic boxes and papers, and just adds them to the watches they are selling.

7. evmw Dec 10, 2019

Yes, I believe the bracelet is 1450 and end links are 808

I want to validate this actually... I will be taking it to a local shop to open up the caseback and check if the serial numbers match up on the papers vs. the watch. My understanding of these limited editions are that they came with a special wooden box but this one came with a normal Omega plastic box from Bob's.

I also understand that the 20th anniversary versions had another certificate included commemorating the anniversary which was numbered to match the engraving.

Weirdly, I also read that these editions came with a velcro strap included which WAS with the watch included from Bob's and looks to be pretty old. It seems most of the information lines up but there's some oddities here.

8. Dan S Dec 10, 2019

Regardless, these sell at a premium, so you probably did well ... even without the wooden box. :D