Forums Latest Members
  1. EdtheAussie Oct 30, 2016

Hi guys,

I was looking at this straight text speedmaster today.
    s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600.jpg

I've figured that the bracelet is a 1175, due to the 47 endlinks - which i have no idea if this is correct for this vintage.

A few questions;
    1) does the bracelet look overly polished?
    2) is the crown correct
    3) how does the case look to you guys?

I have asked for movement photo's and will add them when i get them :)

Your thoughts are appreciated,

Thanks,
    Ed

2. jaguar11 Oct 30, 2016

All relative to price for me..... A crown is a crown and service item that may well have been replaced.... If you are buying to wear this does look polished but I would be happy to beat the heck out of this, enjoy for what it is and get some proper use out of it instead of having it sit about wanting for the value to go up. As I said for me it is all about the asking price I can't comment if you are buying in the hope of the value going up...

EdtheAussie likes this.
  3. EdtheAussie Oct 30, 2016

I would be buying it to wear, as I am looking for my first speedy so not 100 concerned with that sort of stuff, just thought I'd ask. But it would be nice if I wore it with care if it was worth the same when / if I ever wanted to sell it.

4. mr_yossarian Oct 30, 2016

looks a bit beaten up but well, it's 45 years old and lived a life, I'd always prefer it over NOS. That's someting what makes vintage attractive, at least to me. Only thing you should check if wether there is rust inside or not. Inside ring around dial and the pushers indicate that. Get a movement picture.

EdtheAussie likes this.
  5. EdtheAussie Oct 30, 2016

Will do thanks!