Forums Latest Members

SOLD Straight Lug Speedmaster Movement# 20,527,xxx Project Watch

1. agee May 6, 2019

Sold
    Thanks M and OF for the space
    Straight Lug Speedmaster for parts or restoration
    I have owned this straight lug Speedmaster for the past 2 years. I bought it basically as it is pictured today
    and I knew about its issues when I bought it. I have listed the issues I know about below.
    I bought it to wear everyday and I have enjoyed wearing it despite its issues
    I have decided to sell because my daughter is getting married in Italy this July- Plus I have other vintage Speedmasters to wear
    The inside case back numbers are 105.012-65
    It is running and keeping good time but has not been serviced during my possession
    I had my watchman add new, correct case screws-the movement pictures below were taken before those screws were changed
    No bracelet or strap included- I have worn it with a Horween strap made by Myron
    I had desires to source the correct parts and try to get this watch back to as close to correct as possible,
    but instead I have decided to offer it for sale.
    The issues I know of are:
    The chronograph is not functioning properly
    The dial has been re done
    The balance cock is incorrect-from a Lemania movement I believe-a member here has the correct part
    The dust cover is newer-I bought it last year from an OF member
    The case has been polished and case back has scratches
    Crown is incorrect
    Case back incorrect
    Not sure of the correctness of the pushers
    The Don bezel is beat up and dented
    The hands are not original to the watch
    Non Omega crown
    Has not been serviced during the past 2 years
    So this is an awesome looking everyday watch as it stands as long as the owner doesn't care about using the chronograph function and can live with it being incorrect. Lots of possibilities with this watch. Not sure how it ended up the way it did-must have had an interesting life
    If I have missed anything or made any errors, please PM me and I will try to make it right
    I'd like to make this a smooth trade and will work with the buyer in any way to make that happen
    Price is $5200 net to me -interesting offers considered. Figuring that the parts are worth that much
    Prefer a bank check as payment but willing to discuss
    Will send via USPS Priority Mail, and insurance up to buyer and at buyers' expense
    Willing to discuss other forms of delivery at buyers' expense
    I would prefer a US sale, but I have sent many watches internationally via USPS Registered Mail
    and will do so with this watch. Unfortunately there in no tracking on that method of delivery so I'm willing to work out other means of delivery with buyer
    I don't have to sell this watch and I am not desperate so please no low ball offers
    I have sold watches here in the past-not many recently-but I have some positive feedback on this site for past sales
    No returns on this watch-I have tried to describe it and its issues as best I can
    Located in the northeast USA
    IMG_8125.JPG IMG_8126.JPG IMG_8127.JPG IMG_8128.JPG IMG_8129.JPG IMG_8130.JPG IMG_8131.JPG IMG_8132.JPG IMG_8133.JPG IMG_8134.JPG IMG_8135.JPG IMG_8136.JPG IMG_8137.JPG IMG_8138.JPG IMG_8139.JPG
    View attachment 758551

IMG_4119 (2).JPG IMG_4119.JPG
    Edited May 22, 2019
    manalive likes this.