storing container for a complete 562 movement ?

This may sound like a trivial question, but how would one safely store or package a complete 562 movement without a dial and case for storing away or even sending in the mail?

I was going to use an old eta 2824 plastic container which came with the new watch movement measuring 25.6mm being slightly smaller than the Omega movement measuring 28.4mm, so this will not do for proper storage . Those eta plastic containers are absolutely great (even though hard to find) but I have never seen one which would be suitable for the 562 omega movement. Are they even available for purchase???

I am more concerned of the automatic post with any undue pressure from the rotor when lying flat in a container not made for it. especially for logistical purposes. Any thoughts or experiences in how to best hand this. Thanks!!

When you ship the movement use a small candy tin box to protect it. there is lot of space for padding with soft material to additionally protect against bumps.
The candy tin is so sturdy that there should not be any damage even if a heavy parcel dropped on it.

Like 2
Altoid tins are good — wrap the movement in watch paper and there’s room for extra padding around it. I have a lot of Seiko spare movements lying around and usually store them in small screw-top aluminum tins. They’re available on Amazon, and I imagine that beauty supply houses have them as well. Search for something like “round aluminum screw top tins;” I think I usually get the 2 oz size, which is about 2.5” diameter by 1” high.

Here we are worrying about the minute things while sellers on eBay are touching dials / hands, pressing on them, putting them upside down mounted on hard surfaces, all while they fetch $200 above market value

To be honest I'd be more worried about the needle rather than the auto, I'd wrap a movement in acid free paper if I have it, then bubble wrap inside a small hard container where it can't move but there is enough wrap to absorb hits from any direction

Like 1
I have been getting watches shipped in the plastic 'lip balm' containers with the screw on lid. Found these at the local craft/hobby store in bulk. Usually in the craft 'soap' section. They are the perfect size for movements without stems. And with foam pads; dials too. Much better than the bags which the parts rub together and poke through.

IMG_4614.png

TM Watchco also sells the dial storage containers.

Like 2
Thanks guys!!!! I know it sounds almost absurd to have started this topic but as I hardly ever trade, I want receiver to be 1000 % happy without room for error. It looks like your storage ideas haven't given you problems when shipping. As Omega parts are now hard to come by, I was
more concerned about whether to dismantle the rotor and automatic bridge to wrap separately to avoid this possibility.

I have been getting watches shipped in the plastic 'lip balm' containers with the screw on lid. Found these at the local craft/hobby store in bulk. Usually in the craft 'soap' section. They are the perfect size for movements without stems. And with foam pads; dials too. Much better than the bags which the parts rub together and poke through

Wow!!! a great idea!!!! If they are perfect size for movements without stems, one can drill a hole on the side and make a slot to allow stems to fit just the same. I wanted something like those eta 28XX plastic movement containers.and this is the next best substitute!!! When the shops open I will go right away first thing before going to work or during lunch break!!!
Thanks fro the tips to everyone!!!

I have tin parts cases and would just grab a tin. Foam padding on the bottom. Squeezed in on the sides and some on top to hold it in place

I found these little plastic snack containers with snap on lids at Dollar Store about $1 each and they are very sturdy for shipping. Watch in bubble wrap inside and some bubble wrap around outside and ship in padded mail envelope. IMG_1253.jpeg