Forums Latest Auctions Members
  1. slavque

slavque Jun 29, 2020 10:56am

where i can search its watch its not stolen. In many auction people selling without papers

2. abrod520

abrod520 Jun 29, 2020 11:16am

You can Google search the serial numbers, or pay for a service like The Watch Register to run it for you.

Are these modern watches being sold without papers? If so, could you let me know where? I was the victim of a major theft of 18 watches (modern and vintage) last October and so am quite interested in anyplace they may show up.

slavque likes this.
  3. slavque

slavque Jun 29, 2020 11:34am

In many places. Ebay, catawiki, chrono 24. Many people sell vintage without papers. I want buy glashutte Original.

4. abrod520

abrod520 Jun 29, 2020 1:22pm

I see. Tough to find vintage watches with papers anyway, so your best bet would be to Google search "Stolen _____ serial _____ " with the watch model and serial number of what you're looking at.

GregH and imageWIS like this.
  5. redzer007

redzer007 Jun 29, 2020 3:40pm

I think most used watches are sold without papers, its only really us nuts who want it. To be fair modern watches with cards are more likely to come with full set of box and papers. Vintage, the older you go the less likely box and papers are, hence they command a premium to collectors. Many reasons ranging from them being lost, to thrown out. As ill as it makes us feel there was a time when people would just leaves those items in the shop where they bought the watch and wear it (do you keep all your shoe boxes? Sneakerheads do)