Forums Latest Members

STOLEN IN GENEVA - TWO 1970's Gold day/date Longines Conquest

1. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 23, 2020

Hi all

One of my colleague at work got burglarized.She is not a watch person but I had spotted her wearing a very uncommon gold Conquest, pretty peculiar watch in the past, and we had talked about it back then. This was her dad's, and it was stolen in early january as her house was broken into. It turns out that she had TWO, as her dad and her grandad both had purchased the same watch together...

I don't have fantastic quality pictures to provide (she didn't do any wristshot for IG like most of us...), nor do I have serial numbers, but these are pretty special watches that shouldn't fly below the radar if they reappear somehow.

PHOTO-2020-01-16-12-50-11.jpg PHOTO-2020-01-16-12-50-28.jpg

"Description:
    1. My dad’s watch was a Longines Conquest. I believe from 1970 or around that. It has a date and the day of the week. It was automatic. The bracelet is metal, gold-plated and had a folding closure. because I adjusted the bracelet for me it is quite small and missing links. The special thing about that one watch is that it had a very well made plastic/ reain and not original sapphire glas, because my das had broken that glass.
    2. I had exactly the same watch from my granddad (they bought the same model), but that had its original glass."

Any help is welcome :)

Thanks OF,
    Paul

DaveK likes this.
  2. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 23, 2020

Shared with local friends and watchmakers, in case somebody gets offered.

Tony C. and DaveK like this.
  3. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 23, 2020

Merci Alexis :thumbsup:

4. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 1, 2020

Cheers. Let me know if you see them popping up somewhere..