Forums Latest Members
  1. Jpilks Jan 31, 2013

Hi Guys,

I took a break from searching for a nice vintage omega with original dial and features. However, I am now back glued to ebay on the hunt for that perfect watch. I don't really have a specific model I am after, I tend to pick ones that I like the look of and then I would start my collection from there :p .

I wondered if you guys could take a look at a couple of watches I have my eye on. (It still makes me chuckle when I add a watch to my 'watch list').

The first Seamaster Deville - I cant find on the database but I know that its incomplete:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-O...006741529?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item19d8847419Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

And the constellation from Alex - which based on your reviews seems a pretty good seller:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160961003253?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Regards,
    James

2. ulackfocus Jan 31, 2013

Pass on that - the gold plating is chipping / wearing off the lugs. Too bad because it's otherwise a decent watch.

Looks okay, and the seller is a favorite here. Wait for more detailed opinions though.

3. Jpilks Jan 31, 2013

Thanks for pointing that out about the lugs. I was so focused on looking at originality I missed that. I will wait for other responses about Alex's watch, although I suspect it may go out of my budget.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 31, 2013

The watch from Mexico looks good. I suspect it will go well over $1,000.
    gatorcpa

5. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Jan 31, 2013

2nd watch looks ok. The 1st seller also has a Constellation that looks ok.

6. Jpilks Jan 31, 2013

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 31, 2013

For a first watch, I think they are all fine! Lets face it, most of us are unlikely to drop multiple thousand on their first vintage omega. Work your way up! Also means you are less likely to make mistakes, and will also have better worked out what you like/don't like. Yes, sure, Dennis, Gator, Kyle, etc would pass on that first watch, but that isn't because it is bad/fake/franken/falling apart, it just isn't perfect! My recommendation, having just started this hobby/fanaticism 6 months ago is being with cheaper quantity (rather than expensive quality), to help you get a feel/taste, before you decide what you prefer. Then you can sell the ones you don't like, in order to move up the pecking order.

8. Jpilks Jan 31, 2013

You beat me to it!

9. Jpilks Jan 31, 2013

Great advice, maybe im being a little too picky

10. agee Jan 31, 2013

James take a look at the Omega 53 RAF Military Watch For Sale here in the "Watch Marketplace". It's a real beauty and highly collectible
    Good Luck in your hunt

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 31, 2013

I would go for the Mexico watch and stretch your budget, he's a very good seller with a nice watch.