Forums Latest Members
  1. JohannesFact Jun 8, 2012

So I'm trying to apply what I done learned on this here site.

And I got hooked on that blue Geneve Dynamic, although that seller seemed a bit suspect. Then I found this watch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_500wt_1104Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

1. Located in U.S.
    2. Price not manifestly "ludicrous", to borrow ulackfocus's last verdict.
    3. 100%+ feedback.
    4. Guy not selling a bunch of other watches.

Of course, when it comes to the watch itself, I got no clue. I see the T's bracketing "swiss made", and the condition appears uniform, though super-clean for that age.

What do you think?

2. ulackfocus Jun 8, 2012

Interesting. The case looks like a 166.0087 or 166.0110, but they housed the caliber 1002 (date only). The seller has correctly identified the caliber as a 752 ( since there is no break between the day & date windows so those two references are out. That dial is similar but not identical to the one on the 166.0131 Seamaster Cosmic, but that was powered by a 1022 so it would have a break between the day & date. The lady's watch 566.0039 has the same configuration for the chapter ring and markers so this must be the men's version. Wish I could find it easily, but it might just take time sorting through the database. Go here:

http://www.omegawatches.com/spirit/history/vintage-omegas/vintage-watches-database

and enter "166.*" in the box and sift through the possibilities.

It looks like it's an authentic case, dial, and hands so that's a start towards confirming it. That price is the opening bid, which isn't terrible if nobody else gets in on the fun. I'd say $400 - $450 (if we can confirm it's not a franken) is a better price given that it will need a service.

3. JohannesFact Jun 8, 2012

4. ulackfocus Jun 8, 2012

Bingo. :thumbsup:

5. JohannesFact Jun 8, 2012

Sweet! Starting to get the hang of this ... thanks again for the guidance