Steel-cased Cal. 321 coming in 2019

Posts
2,264
Likes
11,392
Can't believe no-one commented about this yet? 😒



Or just like the Icelandic scam, am I always the last one to be looped in? 😁
 
Posts
1,134
Likes
1,690
Didn't know - but I know it's always Coming soon™ !
 
Posts
5,104
Likes
15,805
Its not news, and has been mentioned several times...so...

just like the Icelandic scam, am I always the last one to be looped in
 
Posts
2,264
Likes
11,392
Its not news, and has been mentioned several times...so...

That it was coming (this, we all knew) or that it was coming THIS YEAR STILL?

(edited the title btw, which somehow I got wrong - duh)
 
Posts
5,104
Likes
15,805
That it was coming (this, we all knew) or that it was coming THIS YEAR STILL?

Yep... also mentioned multiple times (to my sieve-like memory) 👍
 
Posts
2,264
Likes
11,392
Then so be it, I'm just plain stupid or have Alzheimer already 😁

Please point me to the current up-to-date discussion so I can enjoy the useless chatter for a watch I probably won't buy anyway ::facepalm1::
 
Posts
260
Likes
632
At Fratello NYC event, Omega leader said 321 may be issued in a watch other than SMP.
 
Posts
13,908
Likes
54,081
Well strap on your track shoes and have an over list pile of cash in hand because this production will vaporize when the gun goes off.
 
Posts
248
Likes
280
I'm just a bit puzzled with the return to something that was replaced 50 years ago. There are plenty of seamasters with 321's in them that you can pick up, in steel, for 1/4 of what the 'new' 321 is going to sell for.
 
Posts
676
Likes
1,055
There are plenty of original speedmasters with 321 movements that you can buy for 10-15k
I'm just a bit puzzled with the return to something that was replaced 50 years ago. There are plenty of seamasters with 321's in them that you can pick up, in steel, for 1/4 of what the 'new' 321 is going to sell for.
 
Posts
248
Likes
280
There are plenty of original speedmasters with 321 movements that you can buy for 10-15k
Just responding to the post that Omega may be offering the new 321 in something other than a SMP...
 
Posts
1,316
Likes
2,463
Seems to me that the first steel 321 reissue will be the Apollo XIII LE. That way they aren't ruining the value of vintage pieces and can have huge margin for it being a LE... that's just my thinking anyway.

Or they'll get cheeky and do a weird panda dial thing so you can have steel and you can have the 321, but you can't get a 321 Moonwatch unless you buy vintage.

I hope I'm wrong
 
Posts
5,535
Likes
9,470
I doubt Omega wants to force people to buy vintage -- that would be a poor business model. They only make money when they sell watches.
 
Posts
709
Likes
404
Ok who cares? I am a bit fed up with these marketing tricks Omega makes. Where they learnt them from I am not aware but what I am aware of is that many people at the end will be fed up like me and will gradually migrate to other brands.
 
Posts
1,099
Likes
1,085
obv i will want one, but as soon as i see the upcharge for it will i gigl and scoff @ it.
 
Posts
2,264
Likes
11,392
Ok who cares? I am a bit fed up with these marketing tricks Omega makes. Where they learnt them from I am not aware but what I am aware of is that many people at the end will be fed up like me and will gradually migrate to other brands.

Yes please go buy Rolex steel sports model instead😁
 
Posts
709
Likes
404
Yes please go buy Rolex steel sports model instead😁
Already did so. With some persistence you would be amazed what might be achieved in less than year. And now also looking at some other quite intriguing brands as of my taste.