Forums Latest Members

SOLD Stainless steel Omega Seamaster Pre-De Ville automatic w/ date [Reduced]

1. seekingseaquest Mar 23, 2019

For sale is a stainless steel Omega Seamaster automatic date with a silver dial. This is an early pre-De Ville reference. The case and hippocampus logo are sharp with minimal polishing. The second hand has some rust on it and some of that rust has fallen onto the surface of the dial. I haven’t seen the movement or inside of the case back to confirm the movement caliber/case reference or movement condition (unishell case so can’t open myself and haven’t had a watchmaker do so). The movement runs well, but service history is unknown. The crystal has some scratches that should buff out during service.

More details are below, and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

IMG_9673.JPG

Dial: Original silver dial has some surface level dirt/dust - looks like rust falling from the second hand. Lume, which I believe to be radium given lack of “T” on each side of “Swiss Made” below 6, is fully intact on markers and original hands. Hour and minute hands are in nice condition but second hand has rust. Note the larger mark that appears below the “M” in automatic is on the crystal and not the dial.

Case: Original stainless steel unishell case is in very good condition with minimal polishing. Bevels on the lugs are still sharp. Hippocampus logo on the case back is in very nice condition. Original scalloped crown. I expect the case to be a 14770 reference but this is not confirmed. Case is 34mm diameter excluding crown.

Movement: I haven’t had the unishell case opened to see the movement, but I expect it to be a 560 or 562. Movement runs, winds, and sets well. Service history is also unknown so a service is recommended prior to use.

Crystal: Unsigned and has some scratches which should buff out during service.

Comes on a new generic dark brown leather strap and steel buckle.

Price is [reduced] $400 USD via bank transfer, Paypal add 3%. Watch is in Seattle, WA, USA. I’ll cover insured U.S. shipping, but international shipping is covered by buyer. Returns are accepted if watch is grossly misrepresented. See here for my seller reviews on OF. I've been active on OF for a while now, including attending Seattle-area GTGs, and I also have 100% positive feedback buying and selling on eBay.

PM if you have any questions or would like additional photos.

IMG_9676.JPG IMG_9675.JPG IMG_9678.JPG IMG_9679.JPG IMG_9590.JPG IMG_9583.JPG IMG_9584.JPG IMG_9585.JPG IMG_9586.JPG
    IMG_9587.JPG

Edit: added link with an additional seller review.

Edited Apr 2, 2019
    chanbar and nerd like this.
  2. seekingseaquest Mar 25, 2019

Bump

3. seekingseaquest Mar 28, 2019

Bump

4. seekingseaquest Mar 30, 2019

Bump

5. seekingseaquest Apr 2, 2019

Price reduced

6. seekingseaquest Apr 8, 2019

Still available!