Forums Latest Members
  1. vincereynard Oct 24, 2015

I have been considering getting a stainless watch as a daily wearer as my others are gold and therefore a bit fragile from the POV of scratching and general damage.

Something like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-O...FFICIALLY-CERTIFIED-CHRONOMETER-/141802320188Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    Any views would be appreciated. For instance are the hands correct? White gold bevel??

Attached another of virtually the same date and it has the stick hands that I would expect.

Thanks

4623025785.jpg
    flw likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 24, 2015

The issue I have with this reference is the integrated bracelet because they're too limiting.

Geo! likes this.
  3. Cortezthekiller Oct 24, 2015

Speedmaster, Seamaster, or Flightmaster. All tool watches built to take a beating.

4. vincereynard Oct 25, 2015

Limited from the POV of if the bracelet goes the watch is unusable? I already have a 18K TV dial which looks rather subdued by modern standards!

And many times the price surely! I am not attracted to the chunky watches with with multiple buttons etc. I've slim "girlie" wrists and they look like I have a pocket watch swinging about.

I've sent the seller a message to contact me if he does not sell. We'll see. Although I have my doubts about the hands.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 25, 2015

Yes, if you can't find the proper bracelet to replace it.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 25, 2015

That eBay watch is a mess. The dial, hands and case do not go together. Total Frankenwatch.

The one you posted below the listing is looks correct. I recently picked up one of these that is off at the watchmaker getting an overhaul:

[​IMG]

Mine has solid black hands with no lume on the dial. I do not know if the bezel is white gold. I once saw a replacement part number for it and it was listed by Omega as steel.
    gatorcpa

7. tony72cutlass's' Oct 26, 2015

Not sure if i'm biased, but i find a leather strap really really comfortable for daily wear. My only complaint is that my desk doesn't get as many scratches that way so it looks like i'm working less hard...

8. vincereynard Oct 27, 2015

Interesting subtle differences in the second hand and the date display. Probably Month/Day would be better for me. I often have trouble remembering what month I'm in!

These integrated stainless do not seem flavour of the month presently. I know the seller wanted £500 so maybe I'll offer him £300. See if he wants
    to move it.

9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 27, 2015

Not sure what you are referring to. The days are in different languages (English vs. Spanish or French). Seconds hands look identical.

Dials are the same except for the lume dots.
    $450 is not bad if the watch has been serviced. That's about where I'm going to be when all the work is finished.
    gatorcpa

10. vincereynard Oct 27, 2015

Just showing my ignorance I'm afraid! I assumed that MAR stood for March not MARDI (French Tuesday.) Maybe I will not bother after all
    so thanks for the head up.

Vince

11. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Oct 27, 2015

Do we know whether that watch has a multiple-laguage day dial?

If you want a "daily driver" I suggest you not bother with Omega. Certainly they are terrific watches and MY daily driver is an Omega... but you're going to pay a premium for the name. I would look for a nice Bulova or Elgin or Waltham. Hamilton with US movements are insane for prices nowadays too.

If you have your heart set on a daily mechanical... start small and work your way up.

Tom

12. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 27, 2015

It does not. You're thinking of Seiko.

Relatively easy to find English replacements for this piece, though.
    gatorcpa