Forums Latest Members

SOLD SS oversized 1950s IWC Caliber 89

1. Jonatan Sep 30, 2016

Good morning everyone,

Some of you may know, I am moving overseas and have decided to part with some of my watches thus allowing me at the same time to focus the collection.

I must admit that I am disappointed to sell this one. I had been looking for a nice IWC cal. 89 for a long time and I was sure that this one was it. I bought it three months ago, waited two months for service and even ordered a beautiful handmade strap from @Fost for it. Unfortunately, the 37mm oversize doesn't do it for me, and the shape of the watch makes it wear even bigger. It is thin and wears flat on the wrist.

All original, stainless steel IWC cal. 89. The watch has never seen a polish and is in fantastic shape. It has a ding on the south east/5 o'clock lug and a little scratch on the original crown. There are some scratches on the back from the previous owner's bracelet. Everything is original except the crystal which I had changed during service. I don't have any movement shots, but if need be, I'll see my watchmaker.

Watch has just been serviced for 400chf and runs like a charm. Comes with a 12-month warranty. See pictures.

This watch is a great buy for those of you who are looking for vintage watches with a modern size since it wears so big.

Watch is sold head only (my custom made bracelet will not fit your wrist). It is located in Switzerland and has not traveled more than 300 km in its lifetime.

I am asking for 1500chf (Swiss Francs) shipped to your door. Wire transfer is preferred. Paypal may be considered for established members.

I will not accept returns. I will take all the pictures necessary and answer every question you have. Feel free to ask away.

Thank you Omega Forum for the space.

IMG_1182.jpg IMG_1158.jpg IMG_1151.jpg IMG_1117.jpg IMG_1185.jpg IMG_1183.jpg IMG_1184.jpg IMG_1186.jpg IMG_1189 (1).jpg
    tinger, noelekal, efauser and 16 others like this.
  2. Jonatan Sep 30, 2016

OHPF! Thank you all for your likes.

Fost and Lonestar like this.
  3. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 30, 2016

That didn't last long! Congrats, Jonatan, also to the new owner. That's a nice one.

noelekal likes this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 30, 2016

Damn!

5. Fost Sep 30, 2016

I am not surprised this watch is Georgous!!
    Congrats to the new owner!
    ( This strap is really nice :whistling:)

Syrte likes this.
  6. Jonatan Oct 1, 2016

Yes it is and it's staying with me.

Fost and Lonestar like this.
  7. tyrantlizardrex Oct 1, 2016

Change of heart?

8. Jonatan Oct 1, 2016

Sorry, I meant the bracelet. The watch is OHPF but the bracelet is staying with me.