Forums Latest Members

Springbars on Speedy 42MM Moon - Steel vs Leather vs NATO

1. ChuckMK23 divorced caveman / modern sugar daddy Jun 1, 2016

Had a recent newb epiphany on my new Speedy that the springbars for the steel bracelet are indeed a different configuration than those for the NATO straps - but is this also the case for the Leather straps as well? (20mm Omega OEM leather)

Thank you

2. italy1861 Jun 1, 2016

Omega specifies these bars for a strap 068ST2208... Go to the OB and they will have them. They gave me mine for free.

ChuckMK23 likes this.
  3. jroam82 Jun 1, 2016

The bracelet ones are shorter because there's no flex in a solid end link so it can be more difficult to manoeuvre the longer ones in and out.

I forget where I saw it, but I think the leather strap is the same as the spares that come in the box (for the nato and velcro) as italy1861 says above.

The bracelet spring bars are 068ST2207.

ChuckMK23 likes this.
  4. yinzerniner Jun 6, 2016

So there are three springbar options (sorry, I don't remember serial numbers) for the different OEM Omega straps.
    -Bracelets are mounted with 19mm straight springbars for the reasons @jroam82 mentioned.
    -Two piece straps and the velcro and nato straps that come included are usually mounted with 20mm straight spring bars, which are also included in the new Speedy Pro set.
    -The thicker Omega natos (Coated Nylon, Barenia Leather) are usually mounted using curved springbars. These were included in the 45th anniversary Speedy Pro that came with the brown coated nylon leather, and they are also often included when you purchase a nato from the OB. If you just go into a boutique they will usually give you a set for free if you ask nicely. Gives a little more clearance between the thicker straps and the case. Also, the regular 20 or 22mm nylon natos are supposed to be mounted using curved bars when used on 19 and 21mm wide lugs (AT 38.5, SM300, SOTM, etc.)

ChuckMK23 and Mad Dog like this.
  5. ChuckMK23 divorced caveman / modern sugar daddy Jun 6, 2016

Thank you all for the expert advice!!!!