Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday VS. Speedy 60th anniversary. Which do you prefer?

1. Japenney Oct 6, 2017

Hey everyone. I recently found a nice speedy Tuesday to buy from a OF member so I would like to start off by saying that was my choice. I had the opportunity to buy the 60th from a Canadian omega dealer and it would have cost me $10,000 Canadian but i passed. I ended up paying the same $10,000 Canadian for the Speedy Tuesday on the pre-owned market (10k CAD = 8k US, 6k pounds).

The main reason I decided on the Speedy Tuesday is that i like it more. Which makes sense. And, my next big purchase will likely be an ED White if I can locate a nice example which will give me a similar vintage feel to the speedy 60th. I think they did a very good job on the speedy 60th but its just too much for me to own both at this time. I am also admittedly slow to warm up to vintage reissues. I also have a gemini 4 and apollo 11 35th on the radar and both of those hold more interest to me.

So the question is "which do you prefer and which do you think will be more sought after in 10 years"?

Personally I think the speedy Tuesday has a lot going for it being a limited edition of only 2000 pieces, well received, and commemorating a great online movement. I think the only small downside is that the straps they include are not too great. I will be putting it on a standard speedy bracelet or my snoopy's strap. The speedy 60th is a bit of a bigger limited edition which hurts it a tiny bit. Both watches seem to be doing good in demand "resale and hype" coming out the door...we will have to see what the market looks like in a couple of years when the dust settles. Overall I have to give the speedy Tuesday a better chance of continuing to be a sought after piece well into the future. Just IMHO.

Hope everyone has a great weekend,

Josh

Edited Oct 6, 2017
  2. Alan_C Oct 6, 2017

The Tuesday for me. I have a speedy 57 already and the 60th is just too similar to it for me.

The Tuesday is just a bit different. [emoji51]

3. Dial & Bezel Oct 6, 2017

I opted for the 60th. :D:D

4. _Agemo Oct 6, 2017

Id pick the 60th. The Tuesday has a very cool vibe but the 60th somehow exudes all of Omega's pedigree. I think they did a really good job on the 60th ::love::

mikechi22 and Pun like this.
  5. kodi22 Oct 6, 2017

60 th for me please!

6. ReturnOfUltraman Oct 6, 2017

Panda dials do nothing for me, but that 60th though...

B60A2EFE-967D-4335-AC0F-A2DA0C2E0530.jpeg 2AFBE429-CE8F-4F9A-BC3F-0F7372E98699.jpeg
  7. mai.speedy Oct 6, 2017

I had a chance at both for retail pricing and it was going to be my first Omega watch. I opted for the 60th as there is just something about it that looks a lot cleaner and classier. Plus I feel like it is a more versatile watch with my clothing style. The Speedy Tuesday while it is eye catching and stunning wore off quickly for me and I think it was just about the "hype"

In the end whether the 60th had 3557 or 5000+ it always won out in my book. But to each their own, buy what you want and what makes you happy not what you think the market determines.

Pun likes this.
  8. demchocholips Oct 6, 2017

I picked the 60th, but I also like the ST a lot. I just love the classic straight lug and steel bezel combo.

9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 6, 2017

I'd love to see the ST on the snoopy strap (or any kevlar for that matter)...

10. Watchmutt Oct 6, 2017

I would pick the 60th if I had the choice.

11. sgrossma Oct 6, 2017

ST for me, between the two...
    Also, I do agree with OP that smaller size and long term resale value might be better for ST.
    Both great choices.

gippo likes this.
  12. Lexm Oct 6, 2017

I would take the 60th. Pure vintage and class. On the other side, if i am given the chance for a Speedytuesday at retail I would not hesitate at all and take it. I dont feel the premium in the Tuesday yet.
    At the end both cool watches

13. Riviera Paradise Oct 6, 2017

I bought the ST simply because it is one of the most beautiful Speedy Pros ever released. The ST still looks like something that could be used in Space, more tool like, whilst the 60th looks more dressy to me. Oh and I think they will both lose value over a 5yr period. For example, the Apollo 11 50th anniversary in 2019 will probably be a significant LE that will reposition both of these down a rung on the Speedy LE Ladder.

gippo likes this.
  14. jsg1976 Oct 6, 2017

ST for me. 60th doesn't do anything for me

15. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Oct 6, 2017

ST for me, but only just as I love both. Only thing I slightly dislike about the 60th is the lume colour, the reason is a funny one. I once read a thread(can't remember where) from a guy who wanted to give his Seiko a vintage look, he tried soaking the dial in tea which was unsuccessful so he ended up using some of his girlfriends make-up(foundation I think) and was pretty chuffed with the look. Now whenever I see this watch I can't help but feel the lume looks that same make-up colour.

Anyway I'm rambling, both are up there with the best modern Speedies IMO and can't go wrong with either. I don't really care too much about investment but if my ST holds its value or continues to trade above I'll be happy safe in the knowledge that if I hit hard times it's something I can fall back on.

16. abrod520 Oct 6, 2017

Custom-ordered plain black Jean Rousseau coated nylon strap. (wasn't into the Snoopy stitching or deployant)

IMG_3095.JPG

gostang9, Kmart, WYO_Watch and 8 others like this.
  17. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Oct 6, 2017

Yeah! That looks as awesome as I imagined!

abrod520 likes this.
  18. Ewellblue Oct 6, 2017

IMG_1701.JPG

gostang9, Kmart, WYO_Watch and 6 others like this.
  19. Theognosis Oct 6, 2017

The 60th is a re-issue of the legendary Ck 2915 of 1957 albeit with a different movement and better bracelet. The ST is a modified version of the standard Pro for a blog in 2017.

60th > FOIS > Pro > Snoopy > Ck2998 > Dark Side > ST

20. Japenney Oct 6, 2017

I have to disagree with the dark side of the moon being put above almost any speedmaster. They really messed up with the crystal. They put anti reflective coating on the outside of the DSOTM and it has proven to be faulty and come off and they have no way to fix it and blame the user and make them pay $1000 for a new crystal. It is a real scam by omega. I have sold 3 DSOTM in the past with issues.