Forums Latest Members
  1. Toishome Jan 6, 2018

Happened to go out with a friend for dinner tonight that just bought himself a very expensive Breguet.
    I was extremely surprised to see that they use the same leather strap for these high end watches that Omega does.
    Here are some pictures as I know how much we like them :D

IMG_0119.JPG IMG_1167.JPG IMG_2640.JPG IMG_4627.JPG IMG_4650.JPG IMG_5756.JPG IMG_6044.JPG IMG_6215.JPG IMG_7518.JPG IMG_8489.JPG
  2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jan 6, 2018

They all outsource Straps for the most part.

tyrantlizardrex and propervinyl like this.
  3. Bushido Jan 6, 2018

That is quite the Breguet! I've enjoyed trying on a few different models and found them all to be very nicely finished. The amount of detailing they put into the dials is truly impressive.

4. uwsearch Jan 7, 2018

Your friend was 2 hours an a half late.

Baz9614 likes this.
  5. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Jan 7, 2018

While impressive, that particular Breguet does nothing for me personally. The ST is the looker of the two;)

Baz9614, ras47 and lando like this.
  6. 77deluxe Jan 7, 2018

ST.

7. Toishome Jan 7, 2018

Came from a different time zone :)

8. ras47 Jan 7, 2018

Same here. There are a few Breguet watches I like, but none compare to the venerable Speedmaster imho. That particular Breguet leaves me cold.

9. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jan 7, 2018

To each their own, but that's a very unattractive watch IMO. Especially side by each with the Speedmaster,

ras47 likes this.
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 8, 2018

I'll pass on both...

Larry S and Theognosis like this.
  11. kov Trüffelschwein. Jan 8, 2018

Still doesn't explain the half ::rimshot::

+1 :D

12. uwsearch Jan 8, 2018

I'd rather compare these

Capture.JPG

Riviera Paradise and Theognosis like this.
  13. alam Jan 8, 2018

+1

14. Theognosis Jan 8, 2018

If given a choice as to what I’d get for free, my choice is definitely the Tourbillon. Will then sell it before I have it serviced. :)

15. Riviera Paradise Jan 8, 2018

Ooooh la, la!!!! Almost choked on my glass of wine...

Al / @Archer once again strutting his stuff...putting his post where his mouth is (sounds painful)...from his ivory tower of undoubted watchmaker tech expertise....he swipes away the "coveted" Speedy Tuesday LE, with nonchalant disdain (a bit like Luke receiving his lightsaber in the Last Jedi)...and OMG, here on the OF of all places!!!!
    What courage, what a pair, what a man::love::!!!!

No, please, please, please calm down if you're a ST fanboy/fangirl reading this post:cool: Taste is personal and should be respected:thumbsup:. Al is an honourable man and IMO he has every right to call a spade a spade, a queen a queen and a ST a...

BTW I fully agree with the majority of posts here on the Breguet. I have not seen it live (would probably need a Monty Python MOL bucket handy) but from the posted photos it does look like a complete ::facepalm1:: from a design perspective...perhaps some special Kayne West LE?:rolleyes:

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 9, 2018

^^^ You need to talk to your dealer - I think he sold you a bad batch of meth. :)

RJwatches and thatonewatchdude like this.
  17. Riviera Paradise Jan 9, 2018

No the meth was quite good actually:thumbsup:...the wine was a bit under par though:(. Might have been from the same batch of Hunter Valley Semillon the Australian team gave to Joe Root before his stomach turned during the last two days of England's pathetic end to the Ashes series.

Still, Al/Archer I do hope one day you will grow long locks of hair to descend gracefully Rapunzel like from your tower of knowledge and exquisite taste to wander among your lower brethren on the OF who still desire Speedy Tuesdays, Omega Speedy LEs and even, dare I say it, shiny Rolex watches:eek:...a bit of empathy for us mere mortals::shy:: who still struggle to elevate our "watch souls" would be most appreciated.

Or perhaps you are indeed the ::love::"One"::love:: who will overturn the Matrix world of overvalued luxury watches / lifestyle marketing and phony brand ambassadors, exposing us all to our naked ambition of desiring shiny things to show off to our peers. Please, please Sir show us the way, shine a light on the path we must follow to WIS redemption.:unsure:

Oh and and please do say where we might make a small donation to your good cause. Do you accept PayPal?

Theognosis and MaiLollo like this.
  18. Riviera Paradise Jan 9, 2018

OK, OK...I will admit it...still having to wait a few weeks before we go on hols/safari to South Africa...I am a bit bored.:D

19. time flies Jan 9, 2018

Of all the words in the language...you all continue to show me interesting ways to put them together. Thank you for that.

Have fun
    -kfw

20. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 9, 2018

Your reaction to me expressing a lack of desire for a specific watch is...well...what I imagine a bad acid flashback might be like. Strange, puzzling, and mostly nonsensical.

You might want to try ludes next time...

[​IMG]

We all have preferences, likes and dislikes. If you don't agree that's fine and if not that's fine too - I really don't care what watches you like or don't like. Not sure why you care so much about my likes and dislikes, but it is what it is....I guess. I'm not alone it seems, but please feel free to continue to focus on just me...for whatever reason...

For the record, I live in a single story house - not counting the basement of course. And although it is very white right now, it's due to the several feet of snow on and around it rather than being made of anything white. I keep my hair quite short - don't want it in my eyes while working at the bench.

Cheers, Al