Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday Nato Part Number ?

1. Jack Jumpin Aug 21, 2017

Hi All,

Does anyone know the part number for the speedy Tuesday NATO strap ?

Thanks
    Andy

2. lhawli Aug 21, 2017

Can we also get the brown leather strap part number [emoji4]?

3. BostonCanuck Aug 26, 2017

Can't help you with the Tuesday, but I did happen to pick up the light brown leather NATO at the Venice boutique a couple of weeks ago. The part number is 031CUZ002058.

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 26, 2017

Do you own the Speedy Tuesday?

Heard you need the watch to get these parts from someone who has rang a OB about the NATO. ( trusted source )

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 27, 2017

Ahk I didn't know that had been applied, I know a lot of people are getting the Snoopy strap for the ST without having that watch but maybe its a looser rule applied to that one, I was fairly keen to grab the Snoopy strap myself for it.

6. abrod520 Aug 27, 2017

I think it has to do with the "Speedy Tuesday" text stamped on the NATO hardware, while the Snoopy strap is not branded.

Besides, one can order a Snoopy-style strap straight from Jean Rousseau, while nobody's been able to figure out who Omega sources their nylon NATO straps from yet

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 27, 2017

Ah nice! Thanks for the tip on Jean Rousseau I'll check that out

8. lhawli Aug 27, 2017

I have the classic hesalite speedy - but no from my experience with Omega (unless they are becoming like Rolex) you can order whatever parts you want.

I wear mine sometimes on aftermarket brown leather straps similar to the OEM one that comes with the speedytuesday. So if I can buy one that would be a plus.

9. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 27, 2017

Not becoming like Rolex but it was mentioned you can not buy the Speedy Tuesday stamped NATO ( unless you have a Speedy Tuesday )
    They might bring one out like it that is not stamped. After all are released it could change. Don't know, just mentioning I know someone that tried and was told it was not allowed.

Try and see how you go.

Foo2rama likes this.
  10. duc Aug 27, 2017

I had this made up to size for my wrist: Once the email exchanges stopped (which took a couple of weeks due to my schedule), they had it delivered within 3 weeks. Its a simple pass through strap:

jr1.jpg

jr2.jpg

zimonyig likes this.
  11. lhawli Aug 27, 2017

I don't want the NATO. I have 4 Omega NATO straps already and quite honestly I find the speedytuesday NATO ugly.

I'm after the brown leather strap. But it's fine, I'll just go to my AD and see if I can order one.

I did that with my IWC Mark XVIII (sold it), I purchased the brown leather Strap that came with the Le petit prince. Then again, every brand it different.

12. zimonyig Aug 27, 2017

Nice! And how about the price?

13. duc Aug 27, 2017

$190.

14. yinzerniner Aug 27, 2017

The Speedy Tuesday leather strap number is CUZ007061.

However, after having handled one I'd actually caution against ordering it. The reasons are as follows:

The strap is a 20/18, so it barely has any taper and the two-stitch style doesn't really work all that well with a non-tapered design.

The leather isn't the novanappa or barenia that's found on the Omega leather nato and deploy straps. The finish is a bit harder, more plasticky for lack of a better word. While this will help in keeping the look and finish, it doesn't have the nice rich feel and stretch news of the other aforementioned straps.

There's no padding in the strap whatsoever. If the leather was softer that wouldn't be a problem, but as mentioned before it's a stiffer hide than other OEM Omega leathers.

The buckle with the large Omega insignia is not my favorite as it adds bulk and thickness to an area which is a pressure point. While it's keeping with the overall vintage aesthetic, it's also paired to a non-tapered strap which goes against said aesthetics.

Options from other makers are more comfortable, better matched aesthetically and cost less. The only benefit for getting the Speedy Tuesday leather strap is to have a compete matching set. Otherwise the alternatives are a better choice.

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 27, 2017

Nope branded LE parts are restricted for lack of a better term. You cannot get the Spectre NATO nor the 12 hour bezel from it as an example.

16. lhawli Aug 27, 2017

Thanks for that, always nice to hear someone's pragmatic opinion - much appreciated.

17. lhawli Aug 27, 2017

I would not class a NATO strap (accessory) on the same category as a 12 hour bezel.

For the record, I did order and receive the specter NATO (1 of my 4 Omega NATOs).

18. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Aug 27, 2017

It's branded 007?

19. lhawli Aug 27, 2017

No it's the specter design on their website. One of the main reasons I don't like 007 branded anything from omega is because I find it tacky! Only picture I found (DJII TT sold).
    IMG_4106.JPG

Why is the speedytuesday brown leather strap branded?

20. yinzerniner Aug 27, 2017

The strap isn't branded but the hardware/buckle is for the ST LE.

Also, as ,@Foo2rama mentions hardware is always tougher to source than soft goods for LE pieces. The nato you purchase IS NOT a Spectre nato since the hardware doesn't show "007" and is most likely polished not brushed, and there's no such thing as a "Spectre design." There is the Omega grey and black stripe pattern which was released before any Spectre editions, which is often called a "Bond" nato even though the original pass-through nylon strap as worn in Dr. No also had green and red in it.

Foo2rama and lhawli like this.