Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – Omega Speedmaster Day-Date Mk40

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Oct 28, 2014

[​IMG]
    Omega’s Speedmaster family comes in many different variations, but always with that special Moonwatch DNA. In the 1990s and early 2000s, one of the popular Speedmaster models were the Speedmaster Automatic ‘Reduced’ watches. One of our friends, Andreas S. Gregoriades sent us photos of this wonderful Omega Speedmaster Day-Date Mk40 Triple Calendar watch. Omega Speedmaster Day-Date Mk40 There were a number of Speedmaster Reduced models (click here to read our Speedmaster Pro ‘Moonwatch’ versus Speedmaster ‘Reduced’ article), but these Triple Calendar models were – to me – the most exciting variations. This particular Omega Speedmaster Day-Date has reference 3520.50 and […]
    The post Speedy Tuesday – Omega Speedmaster Day-Date Mk40 appeared first on Fratello Watches.

Event horizon and hansmaulwurf like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 28, 2014

They're really impressively good value for what they are, nice and reliable movement with useful complications in an attractive package at a very reasonable price.

3. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Oct 28, 2014

After owning one from new for over twelve years It always gets the same reaction, they look at the watch for about ten seconds and calmly tell me my watch has stopped. I reply that it hasn't to which they say the seconds hand has stopped. Again I tell them it hasn't stopped and the seconds hand is still ticking. I end up taking the watch off and handing it to them to check for themselves.
    The sub seconds gets em every time.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 28, 2014

I know what you mean, its the same for every chronograph though especially ones like the Speedmaster where the chrono seconds hand is bright white and really visible against the black dial.

5. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Oct 29, 2014

It doesn't help with it being a busy dial and the watch having eight hands