Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – NASA Strap For Your Speedmaster

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Apr 24, 2018

[​IMG]
    A Speedmaster Moonwatch is not complete without a proper NASA strap. Based on the original specifications, a German Speedmaster fan decided to reproduce the original NASA’s strap with VELCRO® Brand fastener. NASA Strap We’ve often covered straps here (hence our Watch Strap Review feature), including specific ones for the Speedmaster, and NATO straps always perform very well […]

Visit Speedy Tuesday – NASA Strap For Your Speedmaster to read the full article.

TLIGuy, Fabollse and Scott S like this.
  2. larryganz The cable guy Apr 24, 2018

I got my Kizzy velcro replica strap a couple of years back, and it's pretty nice.

Robert-Jan likes this.
  3. amanson Apr 25, 2018

That is really cool. I have one similar I bought from Gas Gas Bones several years ago. These are fun to have.

4. Fabollse Apr 25, 2018

Great! Is the original moon band made by Omega?

5. TLIGuy Apr 25, 2018

No, the original NASA Velcro watchbands were manufactured in-house by NASA's Flight Crew Integration Division which had workshops to produce the Speedmaster white and olive green Velcro straps.

SpeedyPhill and Fabollse like this.
  6. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Apr 26, 2018

speedydownunder and smitty190373 like this.
  7. Foxy100 Apr 26, 2018

My Speedy pre-dates the Moon landings. None of this Johnny-come-lately vinyl strap nonsense*

*Apart from when I wear it on a NATO because the links on my bracelet don't fill me with confidence.

8. ras47 Apr 29, 2018

I'd love to find one of these NASA-style velcro straps for my co-axial Speedmaster. 21mm between the lugs is a rough size for which to find straps. There are many out there, but nowhere near the number of options as with the older models.