Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tuesday – Moonwatch Only 3rd Edition Book Review

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Nov 26, 2019

[​IMG]
    Recently, Grégoire Rossier and Anthony Marquié introduced the third edition of their masterpiece ‘Moonwatch Only’. Where the 2nd edition was subtitled ’60 Years of Omega Speedmaster’, this third edition has a ‘The Ultimate Omega Speedmaster Guide’ subtitle. When this new edition was dropped on the @Watchbooksonly account of the authors, I put my order in […]

Visit Speedy Tuesday – Moonwatch Only 3rd Edition Book Review to read the full article.

OMEGuy, lowen, speedy4ever and 4 others like this.
  2. Meme-Dweller Nov 26, 2019

Can you imagine how many additional pages for just the Limited Edition Speedmasters by 2030? It's going to look like that World Book Encyclopedia collection.....

Spinescape_2019.jpg
  3. speedyproftw Nov 27, 2019

Thanks RJ - bought mine!

Robert-Jan likes this.
  4. Thatguy Mar 1, 2020

What do you about this one compared to the "Omega Speedmaster The Moon Watch" book? Is the moonwatch only book only contain the moonwatch or could I see more details about the other ones such as the automatic speedmasters, speedmaster moonphase (valjoux), speedmaster perpetual calendar, speedmaster mark X/X.X, and Omega chronograph etc?

5. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Mar 2, 2020

6. Thatguy Mar 2, 2020

I mean, all they mention are...
    3rd revised and expanded edition:
    - 32 additional pages
    - A new 16-page gallery of astronauts’ and their Speedmaster
    - 17 new Speedmasters
    - A new detailed story of a vintage Speedmaster
    - More than 120 new pictures and about 50 pictures improved
    - Text corrections and additions
    - Models serial range and popularity index updated
    - Many QR codes to extend your exploration

That's what the differences between 1st and 3rd book, but I wonder if there's information about those speedies that I've mention such as digital speedy, automatic speedmasters, Japan automatic speedy, speedmaster moonphase (valjoux), speedmaster perpetual calendar, speedmaster mark 2,3,4,4.5,5 then the diver speedy, and pre Omega chronograph etc? I had the AJTT book but the info there isn't that deep including the variation existed. As I want to collect the more affordable speedy beside my moonwatch because those rare speedy prices are getting out of hand, I want to have affordable alternative without breaking my bank.

7. Martin_F Mar 2, 2020

@Thatguy it's not a Speedmaster book, it's a Moonwatch book.

8. Thatguy Mar 2, 2020

Ah... I see...
    So for speedmaster book, do you have any recommendations?

9. metalhead01 May 13, 2020

Bump
    Id like to know too!