Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tintin information gathering

1. davy26 Limited comebackability is his main concern. Mar 1, 2016

Red edged is clearly better to my eye. The stripes are too assertive and 'drown out' the dial chequers - and we can't be having that!

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Mar 1, 2016

I agree ^^ I went for edge-only myself after comparing both. Although I actually went for a grey edge vs the red, as it didn't fight with the dial for attention yet looked a little nicer then all-black.

mokofoko and xantiagib like this.
  3. destroid Mar 1, 2016

Red edge strap to match the red in the minute track around the edge of the dial.

mokofoko likes this.
  4. rbob99 Mar 1, 2016

There's always a contrary view; I like the red stripes better.

mokofoko and XaVi like this.
  5. xantiagib Mar 2, 2016

black edges on a red strap would be amazing too

mokofoko likes this.
  6. Nicherotors Mar 2, 2016

It's great that we all like different combinations. I think that red on the straps detracts from the red on the face - otherwise the strap starts to look more interesting than the face.

I've found a rallye strap has allowed the face to become the main event.

image.jpeg
    frazierspa, dubois, blubarb and 2 others like this.
  7. MTROIS Mar 2, 2016

Has anybody installed the Kevlar strap with white stitching from the new Snoopy edition?
    I have placed an order...

dubois, blubarb and xantiagib like this.
  8. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 2, 2016

Appreciate the comments. I think I'll go with the red edging after all--the stripe version (while certainly nice) really does stand out too much when compared with the dial. If I only had one strap available though, I think I'd have been happy either way.

That said, when compared to generic nato straps (which can be had for $11-$16), the Omega versions really are much nicer. I'm not sure they're worth $200 a pop, but the quality is excellent. The weaving is much tighter. I think $100 would have been a fair MSRP, but you're paying for that Omega logo! :)

Now to sell the stripe strap...

9. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 2, 2016

That racing model in the lower-right corner has some interesting bezel-wear. It looks as if the edges are cracking and chipping off.

10. blubarb Mar 2, 2016

Hard to say because they both look great. I'd rotate week by week I think. The red edge looks a little more formal than the stripe. red edge for week and stripe for weekend? Either way you cannot lose!!

dubois and mokofoko like this.
  11. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 2, 2016

Considered just that when I bought them both, but thought better of it considering I already have a leather strap (shown on previous page) from my x-33 which suits it nicely. Not sure how I could fit so many straps into rotation. I actually like the original bracelet too--I'm probably in the minority on that.

blubarb likes this.
  12. rbob99 Mar 3, 2016

I wear mine on the bracelet.

dubois and mokofoko like this.
  13. MTROIS Mar 4, 2016

Follow-up post: the Omega boutique was able to get this strap in less than a week.
    I am going to gloss over the total price after the deployant buckle and taxes were added... Because in the end, I really feel that you get what you pay for.
    This is one of the most comfortable combination I have ever worn, and I just feel that this is one fantastic color combo, with the white stitching adding a classy touch while not distracting from the special beauty of the dial.
    I am definitely a happy camper and feel like I got myself a brand new watch tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. blubarb Mar 4, 2016

Have to agree. That is one hell of a nice strap. Could you throw up the part number so those interested (me especially) can track it down through Omega.

15. MTROIS Mar 4, 2016

Sure thing!
    Part # 0032CWZ003436

Enjoy! :)

dubois and blubarb like this.
  16. blubarb Mar 4, 2016

You are a champ, @MTROIS

Thanks.

John

dubois and MTROIS like this.
  17. larryganz The cable guy Mar 5, 2016

I have that strap on my 145.022 Speedy right now, and it's a little wobbly or loose. How does it fit on the newer Speedy, and did you have to use special spring bars to make it tight? The guy who sold it to me said it was tight on his '69 transitional Speedy.

18. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 5, 2016

I certainly do like it--the only negative I think would have to be that it lacks curved edges at the lugs. It would bug the heck out of me.

Edited Mar 5, 2016
  19. mokofoko One sad panda Mar 5, 2016

Side to side, it's a perfect fit--vertical is a bit loose, but not enough to be distracting. Of course, the x-33 cases have more depth, which is why those coramide straps don't quite look right... on the x-33, it's nice and snug with no play whatsoever. I'd personally like to get omega's rally strap, but they only pop up every so often.

larryganz likes this.
  20. xantiagib Mar 11, 2016

read on another forum that someone was able to order a tintin from his dealer who ordered it from Omega direct, and was told it was ok but after wednesday (this week) it would no longer be possible....

dubois likes this.