Speedy Tintin information gathering

BQW are certainly legit. They concentrate on trade to trade deals usually which is why they don't have a high profile in the retail sphere and perhaps their web stuff isn't as slick as you might expect. They are often seen with big stands at jewellery trade shows selling f2f.

I would love to own a TinTin, however my pocket are a bit empty at the moment. But if you are in the market, then B&Q Watches UK have an auction, so someone might get lucky: BQW Auctions (bqwatches.com).

Screenshot 2023-10-20 141721.png
After doing a bit of due diligence over the weekend and speaking with BQ Watches, I had a cheeky bid for this at £9,000. There were at least two bids higher than mine but think it went for £9,200 which is a bargain. About 25% less than anywhere else you could buy one at the min.

I think that went for a bit of a bargain ... I would have gone for it, but had just bought myself a stunning (1 of 200) Panerai Luminor Marina Pre Vendome 5218-203/a or I would have placed a bid.

If only the Tintin had a red seconds hand… 😗

Happy 95th Birthday 😀

_20220507_161827-jpg.1411773

tintin-omegadave-jpg.566113

BR
Hans

Message received... listed elsewhere. 😀

Well, you could try sticking around and being involved enough to hit the 200 postcount minimum. Even if you wind up selling your watch elsewhere this is a great group of folks to network with!

Well, you could try sticking around and being involved enough to hit the 200 postcount minimum. Even if you wind up selling your watch elsewhere this is a great group of folks to network with!
Saw and commented earlier. Seems the mods pulled his post. As they should.

Well I for one reported it. You'd think after 9 years he could hit the requirement to access SC but I guess not. If your interest extends to buying then selling only then maybe you should look elsewhere for sales priveleges.

Well I for one reported it. You'd think after 9 years he could hit the requirement to access SC but I guess not. If your interest extends to buying then selling only then maybe you should look elsewhere for sales priveleges.

Some people don't like to talk as much as we do 😵‍💫

Or maybe I only speak for myself there

Well I for one reported it.
Same. Acknowledging they didn’t have the minimum requirement to sell on this platform and proceeds to break the rules by creating a complete sales listing in the same post is poor form 👎
Some people don't like to talk as much as we do 😵‍💫

Or maybe I only speak for myself there
I definitely don’t talk much. It surprised me to hit 200 in the same year I joined. Now look at me with 5,240 posts 😲

IMG_3790.jpeg

Man, you guys are a tough crowd. Yeah, for sure, I slipped a FS ad in without 200 posts. Could I have made 200 posts in the past nine years? You betcha, it would have worked out to less than two posts a month. My rationale (I get it, I've been soundly rebuked!) was, you know, I've had the account for nine years... probably not a scammer. The requirement is "200 posts". I'll keep that in mind as this particular post is post #27. If I keep up this pace, I'll be eligible to post a FS ad in about 67 years. Stay tuned, it's gonna be something awesome. lol.

Ironically, I probably read through the forums a couple of times a year. My point in even responding here is that some people just don't have much to say (you know, except for this post...). Food for thought. 😀

Man, you guys are a tough crowd. Yeah, for sure, I slipped a FS ad in without 200 posts. Could I have made 200 posts in the past nine years? You betcha, it would have worked out to less than two posts a month. My rationale (I get it, I've been soundly rebuked!) was, you know, I've had the account for nine years... probably not a scammer. The requirement is "200 posts". I'll keep that in mind as this particular post is post #27. If I keep up this pace, I'll be eligible to post a FS ad in about 67 years. Stay tuned, it's gonna be something awesome. lol.

Ironically, I probably read through the forums a couple of times a year. My point in even responding here is that some people just don't have much to say (you know, except for this post...). Food for thought. 😀
I know the mods created the rule for a very good reason. I was around when it was introduced and it was absolutely needed. This really isn’t a private sales forum. You used to be able to request a waiver from the post rule by contacting the moderators directly. Not sure if that’s still allowed. Either ways rules is rules. It’s their site. We are just along for the ride.

Food for thought. 😀

Just curious why you didn't reach out to the moderators and say something like "hey, I've been a member here for nine years, curious if I can be allowed access to the FS section, here's my post history on other watch communities and/or my reason for not being that active here." I understand that some people don't "talk as much" as others and even suggested that might be part of the case. However, the rule exists so that members have the opportunity to vet sellers and have the opportunity to get to know them. I have no idea if reaching out to a site owner/moderator/administrator would have worked for you but it was still something you could have tried. In fact, you might still have that option open to you.

I think we get why you feel attacked, but trying to imply the fault is somehow ours "because we are a tough crowd" when you blatantly "slipped an FS ad in without 200 posts" is, well, it's silly.

I have always thought there should be a combination of time and posts. That was my two cents 😀

I've had the account for nine years... probably not a scammer.
That’s the thing, we can’t know that as you haven’t contributed enough to the community for us to get an idea of your character/establish trust. I’m in no way saying you are a scammer, but illustrating why that rule exists. As said above, this isn’t a sales focused forum. It’s a community with a side benefit of a sales section. That said, the 200 post rule isn’t the end all be all for protections, but it is there for a reason.

I've met a lot of nice people over the years who have plenty of reasons for why they think it's acceptable to conclude that some rule or another doesn't apply to them. It's an indicator of narcissism, ignorance, carelessness, sociopathy, and/or courage.

I have a friend who got banned from an airline because he did not comply with the flight attendant's instructions (he had to use the bathroom). Another friend habitually returns things like espresso machines at Costco, after having used them. I know someone who self-identified as Pacific Islander for college applications though they come from a different Pacific island than the ones defined by Pacific Islander. I have a watch that I bought without clearing the purchase with my wife, having said I would do that.

It had not dawned on me that it would be "okay" to do a FS post on a random OF thread. That's pretty ballsy.

More importantly, I am slightly saddened that I bought a standard 3570.50 on 12/1/14 at the 5th Ave OB, choosing it over the Tin Tin (picture attached of the actual watch). The standard Speedy I got is now my son's daily driver.

IMG_2939.JPG