Forums Latest Members

Speedy Tintin information gathering

1. dubois Jan 30, 2016

nifty idea you will see when the wrist is no longer able to do without ;)

2. wayneG Jan 30, 2016

The lustre of it is fantastic. I picked up a Rolex yesterday as well and it just doesn't have the same brightness to its overall look. The Omega is a real gem and even better that it's a rare gem.

dubois likes this.
  3. dubois Jan 30, 2016

I confirm that you said , a collector already enjoyed with its production stopped ;))

xantiagib and wayneG like this.
  4. blubarb Jan 30, 2016

Woohoo!!

xantiagib and dubois like this.
  5. XaVi Jan 30, 2016

Thanks! Apollo Soyuz is of course a different and amazing piece too and the dial there come from the stars. On the other hand if you get a tintin you won't regreat it for sure!

Edited Jan 30, 2016
    xantiagib and dubois like this.
  6. dubois Jan 30, 2016

You are right that it is more surprising but remarkably fine :))

7. dubois Jan 30, 2016

each watch its history ;)

8. mokofoko One sad panda Jan 31, 2016

There sure is a lot of activity in this thread! I'm seriously tempted to get a tintin. I've been planning to get a moonwatch, so may as well spend a little extra and get a rare variant.

Has anyone put a sapphire caseback on this model? I'm not planning to go into space, so no fear of the crystal shattering. Any downsides to the idea? I'm guessing it would be wise to wait until the warranty is expired, just in case they've got a paint dot inside?

9. wayneG Jan 31, 2016

I think part of the charm of this watch is the casebook as it is. The red text is very unusual and I really like it. A sapphire back would be nice of course but I'm keeping mine as stock.

I love it...

[​IMG]

10. dubois Jan 31, 2016

Very nice picture what phenomenal beauty ;)

wayneG likes this.
  11. dubois Jan 31, 2016

I fell in love from the first day it was put on my wrist with his mysterious character that gives it a charm crazy :)

XaVi likes this.
  12. mokofoko One sad panda Jan 31, 2016

Decided to order a tintin. Will post photos when it arrives :thumbsup:

I've also got an old bond SMP and an X-33, but I'm thinking of making the tintin my daily wearer unless I'm to come into contact with water ::puke::

xantiagib, XaVi and dubois like this.
  13. dubois Jan 31, 2016

an unforgettable choice and I think you will never regret it :))

mokofoko and xantiagib like this.
  14. mokofoko One sad panda Jan 31, 2016

There will be a moment of regret when I see the bill--that will fade once I see the watch! :p

Call me insane, but I'm going to have a protector (Zagg InvisibleShield) fabricated to cover the bezel insert--I'd be too afraid of scratching it otherwise. I can ignore hesalite scratches and case scratches, but I cannot stand bezel scratches!! ::screwloose::

dubois, xantiagib and bluefireblade like this.
  15. xantiagib Feb 1, 2016

zagg is wonderful stuff - but the bezel is stock on these and a replaceable service item, wear it and enjoy it !

dubois and mokofoko like this.
  16. fibonacci086 Feb 1, 2016

just WOW. Now that's some racing !

dubois likes this.
  17. mokofoko One sad panda Feb 1, 2016

Oh, I know--but it's what, a good $200+ for the insert through Ofrei? I figure spending 5% of the cost of an insert is money well spent if I can avoid replacing it even once over a decade. Can't put a price on peace of mind.

Oh, and I just placed the order for my tintin! Hooray, it's official.

xantiagib, blubarb and dubois like this.
  18. mokofoko One sad panda Feb 2, 2016

Someone I know is interested in getting a tintin. He wants to buy new with warranty, but I can't comment on AD prices since I bought mine used (less than half-MSRP). What prices have you all seen discounted at non-boutiques? I know AuthenticWatches and Jomashop have them for $3100/$3000 respectively, but both are grey market sellers (and I recall reading that Omega service centers will NOT touch anything originally purchased through grey market, but I assume that's hogwash) with in-house warranty.

I'm going to tell him to call around, but some information to go on would make him happy.

Edited Feb 2, 2016
  19. wayneG Feb 2, 2016

You should have no issue with grey market, as long as the watch is stamped with cards from a genuine Omega AD.

dubois and blubarb like this.
  20. mokofoko One sad panda Feb 5, 2016

You mean a stamped warranty card? But if you have one of those from an authorized dealer, it wouldn't be grey market... so am I misunderstanding what you've said? Are some grey dealers (ex: jomashop, AW) getting their goods from AD's (who also include stamped cards showing the AD address)? Confusing stuff--I've often wondered where Omega grey dealers get their stock...

I've heard that the warranty card needs to have both the AD listed on it and the date. I don't know though, as I've never sent anything to Omega for service. Aside from warranty service, I see little reason to pay Omega's exorbitant rates, when a competent watch shop is around half...

Edited Feb 5, 2016