Forums Latest Members

Speedy Chrono Start-Stop smoothness

1. a1topdog Jun 18, 2017

I've just taken delivery of my new speedy (311.30.42.30.01.005) which is the first speedy I have owned and have noticed that the start/stop/reset of the chrono requires quite forceful push on the pushers. Also the feeling / click sounds quite metallic if that makes sense. The nearest comparison I can make is unlubricated gears on a machine meshing together. It doesn't feel like the quality, smooth, action that I was expecting. It feels cheap.

Once the chrono is running it's fine. It's just the process of the start/stop/reset. Is this normal on a brand new speedy? And does it loosen up overtime?

Edited Jun 18, 2017
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 18, 2017

Yes it's normal...

3. a1topdog Jun 18, 2017

Once again thank you.

4. gee_cee Jun 20, 2017

I remember also thinking that with my first Speedmaster, a Reduced. Think you kind of get used to it.

As an aside I've just re-accquired an X-33 Gen 2 again and I'd forgotten that even though it's obviously a digital model, there was clearly a lot of thought put into the action of the pushers which also make that reassuring 'click' even though there's no real need for it. Reminds me of the VW ads from a few years back with the technicians listening to the sound the door makes when it's shut..

5. a1topdog Jun 20, 2017

That's a good analogy regarding the doors. I was expecting the dull thud of a merc door closing and have got the tinney rattle of a 70s Skoda!