Speedmaster101 Price chart update, October 2024!

Posts
245
Likes
197
Thank you for the post......... great to get a baseline. I'm sure a load of spreadsheets are being updated as I speak!
Hopefully for the better?
 
Posts
245
Likes
197
As a UK collector, I struggle a bit to convert the figures in the Price Chart to apply to me. Let me be crystal clear, I do not doubt that the figures are valid.

But if I buy a watch from the USA or Europe or Japan, pay insured shipping, then pay import duty?

The UK market buying prices seem to be much higher. Yesterday in a UK auction a 105.003 -64 was sold with a hammer price of GBP7,000 then GBP 2,016 auctioneers commission then say 150 insured shipping = $12,220. The watch would then need to be serviced, cleaned etc.
 
Posts
143
Likes
151
Thank you @Spacefruit for continuing to offer this valuable resource and information to the community!
 
Posts
786
Likes
841
As someone who has benefited immensely from the site and price chart, thank you @Spacefruit for sharing your valuable resource and updates.
 
Posts
741
Likes
868
As a UK collector, I struggle a bit to convert the figures in the Price Chart to apply to me. Let me be crystal clear, I do not doubt that the figures are valid.

But if I buy a watch from the USA or Europe or Japan, pay insured shipping, then pay import duty?

The UK market buying prices seem to be much higher. Yesterday in a UK auction a 105.003 -64 was sold with a hammer price of GBP7,000 then GBP 2,016 auctioneers commission then say 150 insured shipping = $12,220. The watch would then need to be serviced, cleaned etc.
I believe that the price chart references prices paid for transactions between collectors.. not dealers or auction houses? The auction premiums, duties, dealer "premium" etc are not factored in.
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
I believe that the price chart references prices paid for transactions between collectors.. not dealers or auction houses? The auction premiums, duties, dealer "premium" etc are not factored in.
Is this completely true? I would have expected William to include public auction sales, in which case the buyer's premium should certainly be included.
 
Posts
13,515
Likes
23,452
Is this completely true? I would have expected William to include public auction sales, in which case the buyer's premium should certainly be included.
This is my understanding as well. B&M auctions, eBay sales etc are included but not dealer sales/listings.
 
Posts
6,676
Likes
11,620
Good job from @Spacefruit as always. I personally find the written commentary more useful than the actual chart figures.
 
Posts
106
Likes
376
Such a gift to the watch community. Hats off to Spacefruit!
 
Posts
353
Likes
519
An immense appreciation for his continuous work from my side as well!