Speedmaster with strange serial number

Here's my Seamaster 30 with such an "R" movement.
I also think that it is a replacement movement from Omega.

IMG_7732.JPG IMG_7734.JPG IMG_7753.JPG

Interesting to see this thead revived once again. There does seem to be consensus that the most likely explanation is a replacement part but nothing concrete so far from what I can see. Reassuring to some extent but I guess on something like a Speedy a big impact on the value taking in to account the possibility of it being a franken.

Here's my Seamaster 30 with such an "R" movement.
I also think that it is a replacement movement from Omega.

IMG_7732.JPG IMG_7734.JPG IMG_7753.JPG
Haha. So five years later you still have the same watch. 😉

For sure!

Omega 30mm (non chronomètre) watches are my passion...
I had actually forgotten in which Seamaster 30 the R movement is installed.

Interesting to see this thead revived once again. There does seem to be consensus that the most likely explanation is a replacement part but nothing concrete so far from what I can see. Reassuring to some extent but I guess on something like a Speedy a big impact on the value taking in to account the possibility of it being a franken.
I guess to some extent Omega may still be able to issue an extract (based on a R-serial) if, and this is open, the repair center representative filed the serial change notice back to Omega, or a service report from the time could document the swap.
As such the watch would not be a "franken"; but merely a watch with a "heavy" service history.
I will not bother to go down the "where to pull the line between a watch being a franken or not" based on what part(s) have been changed during a service long ago. That would require a dozen of threads..... 👍