Speedmaster tokyo 2020 green

I just wanted to get a consensus on how people feel about the watch, like he split second that most aren't a fan of . If I could afford It Id get the 50th anniversary, with the Tokyo its also Intriguing because the olympics never happened and it a moon watch..I can drive my brother nuts since he doesn't believe in either covid or the moonlandiing
It sounds like you want us to convince you to buy it, that's not the way it works. To me it sounds like the green Tokyo is the flavor of the day for you, tomorrow something else may grab your attention. You will have to decide what you really want in the Speedmaster line...there are many options, but we can't tell you which one to buy. Don't buy based on a concensus of a bunch of strangers who are all too eager to tell you how to spend your money.

Like 2
I you want to be told how to spend your money........I can help with that, you buy the green speedy, then you pay the postage to me...I'll say thanks!

Like 1
I keep toying with the idea of getting one for similar reasons. 2020 was super tough. I had it actually relatively easy - my job was safe, we didn't lost any close family, etc - but it was still a bizarre, brutal year in many ways. I think a 2020 speedy would a nice memento of perseverance.

That said, the two I really like - the rising sun and the panda are a bit out of my reach.

I successfully avoided COVID until last week, and I can’t say that I am enjoying my membership in the club. Similarly, I wouldn’t enjoy a watch if it was saddled with the burden of being an investment.

Like 2
Green is probably the hardest one to sell of the set

IMG_8461.jpeg

Like 2
Green is probably the hardest one to sell of the set

IMG_8461.jpeg
If it didn’t have the gold accents I would be all about it- but agreed- very acquired taste- which means it will drop like a stone in value and become a bargain, or was of such limited appeal they didn’t make many and will become ultra rare and expensive- so could go either way in time.

Anybody know production numbers on these?

Like 2
If it didn’t have the gold accents I would be all about it- but agreed- very acquired taste- which means it will drop like a stone in value and become a bargain, or was of such limited appeal they didn’t make many and will become ultra rare and expensive- so could go either way in time.

2020 each and there was also a box set limited to 55 pieces:

Omega-Speedmaster-Tokyo-2020-Olympics-collection-5.jpg

Like 1
2020 each and there was also a box set limited to 55 pieces:

Omega-Speedmaster-Tokyo-2020-Olympics-collection-5.jpg
With matching straps…awwwww

Like 2

For me, it's the gray/silver bezel... It just looks empty to me compared to the rest of the watch. If the dial were green, I think I'd like it. Albeit, it's got that two-tone bling that can be a bit much.
Edited:

To be candid, I don't think that watch is as likely to hold value as a traditional moonwatch. I think it has a limited audience and won't be an easy sale. So only buy it if you like it and don't mind making a bad investment.
This is the credited response.