Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster tension ring question

1. SwissToni38 Oct 13, 2019

upload_2019-10-13_11-6-56.jpeg Hi guys

Just bought a new Hesalite Moonwatch and have a couple of questions, be grateful for some advice.

My watch has a spec of dust (actually looks like tiny metallic fragment) on the tension ring under the glass. On inspecting my watch I noticed that the tension ring is joined at the 1pm position (I believe it should be at the 4-5pm position) and while the join is smooth on the inside it’s visible through the edge of the crystal. It can be seen under the Y Tachymètre.

Is this normal and can the join be at any position on the dial as opposed to 4-5pm?

My AD offered me a swap for the dust however the watch they had in had a misaligned pointer on the subdial - I’ve also heard this is relatively common?

I’d be grateful of any advice to help me decide what to do.

Thanks

2. MCG555 Oct 13, 2019

Missaligned hands are certainly not common, if you see it by normal eye sight and not through a microscope...

For the tension ring I don‘t know...

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 13, 2019

Per Omega Work Instruction 14:

"The armoured ring slot must be between 25 and 35 minutes."

So between the 5 and 7 position on the dial. In my experience, people are more concerned with the orientation of the Omega symbol, rather than the slot in the tension ring. Omega does not specify an orientation requirement for the Omega symbol in the crystal.

Cheers, Al