Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award 50th Anniversary Non-LE – The Best So Far

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Oct 5, 2020

[​IMG]
    The Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award 50th Anniversary is here, and I am convinced this was not what you expected! A beautiful mechanical animation on the case back and powered by the caliber 3861. Here it is, the Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award 50th Annniversary. Finally, I might add, as we’ve been waiting for it for months. […]

Visit Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Award 50th Anniversary Non-LE – The Best So Far to read the full article.

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 5, 2020

Funny that your watch of the week underneath the above article is also a blue white chrono

0F9A207D-857A-40B8-9534-CC5F2B12D438.jpeg

3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Oct 5, 2020

@STANDY
    And that one even has Blue, White & Red ... all the colors of the NASA meatball logo...
    Omega did a very nice job but most spaceflight fans I know might go for something else priced at 10K ... de gustibus non est disputandum

cvalue13 likes this.
  4. bazderome Oct 5, 2020

Thanks for the article @Robert-Jan , Some nice information like the 14 seconds of Beagle around the moon that were not mentionned in Omega presentation. I agree with you it's one of the best Speedmaster they have released in a long time! ::love::

Robert-Jan likes this.
  5. rcs914 Oct 5, 2020

Well if this doesn't pull down the prices of the previous one, nothing will. This watch is to me, the best looking modern Speedmaster I've seen. I mean I really like some others, but my heart literally started beating faster the longer I looked at it. Sadly it is well outside my financial reach, but holy god this thing is absolutely gorgeous. Seriously want it!

RMA, GT3 and Pharho like this.
  6. ConElPueblo Oct 5, 2020

I'm not quite as taken as you are, but yes - this is the best new Speedmaster in a looooong time.

RMA likes this.
  7. Evitzee Oct 5, 2020

This will have little, if any, effect on the 45th Snoopy values. Just two very different watches, one doesn't overlap the other. This is a good Speedmaster, but there have been some pretty good ones over the last few years.

8. Dedalus05 Oct 5, 2020

Can't tell if I am charmed by the caseback mechanism or put of by it's gimmick. Either way, not a watch you'd forget easily. Can't wait to get a closer look.

9. Diverdown Oct 5, 2020

Will reserve judgement until I can get hands-on

10. rcs914 Oct 5, 2020

Let's put it this way - if both of them cost $10K, I'd still chose this one. So yes, they are different, but I'm not convinced that this won't affect resale on the other one, since it's currently selling for way more than is at all logical.

11. Evitzee Oct 5, 2020

Never confuse logic with luxury items, there is often little logic in the world.

12. RonJ Oct 5, 2020

I think it is a home run. The color scheme, the new movement, the caseback display, etc.
    The price is high but they will sell a lot of them at that price.

The only thing I wish is that it came with both the blue band and a steel bracelet.

And, it's the inverse "panda design" of my 2005 blue Gemini IV 40th Anniversary Speedy Pro.

IMG_7364-sm.jpg

Edited Oct 7, 2020
    RMA, Travelller, pdxleaf and 2 others like this.
  13. Bp1000 Oct 5, 2020

I have no idea why the 45th snoopy prices are so high. They were around 12-15k gbp just a year - 18 months ago ; now they are a bat S crazy 30-40k

14. Dedlock Oct 5, 2020

Whilst I wont be gettin this watch due to my already owning a blue cermaic bezel SE Speedmaster, however the caseback of this watch is really something else, kudos to Omega they keep upping the ante. I just wish the dial had more flare to match the caseback and the price.

15. rcs914 Oct 5, 2020

Its beyond bat-crap insane. I have to think it's somehow Instafluencers mixed with speculation.

Blackdog and pdxleaf like this.
  16. stevec14 Oct 5, 2020

Agreed - it’s very nice. But they have done several nice speedmasters recently. This is nothing different apart from being more expensive IMO.

makes the Apollo 11 look like a bargain and the 321 look reasonable priced IMO

17. taz101 Oct 5, 2020

me either and watchbox review on YouTube says he expects snoopy 3 to go used for 20-25k?! Only way I can see that is if they only make x amount over 2 years

18. Bigjonhenry Oct 5, 2020

Omega absolutely plans on making a limited amount within the two years. I was told 5-6k.

19. EricCsN Oct 6, 2020

i fell asleep, woke up at 2 pm, saw some posts, was not happy with it (initial thought was amateurish cartoon in my half asleep mode).
    until this morning when i saw the animated case back.
    And I called up my OBs and ask them for their help to land them.

The case back simply is the deal maker for me.

What an innovation - it is daring and original, like the risks that the astronauts had to take. So authentically first. And silver dial (i just love precious metals and ceramic dials). This is unlike any other watch I ever own. Kudos and applauds to omega for their spirit of innovation and fearlessness with risk taking - well done

Edited Oct 6, 2020
    DoctorEvil, cwindham and RMA like this.
  20. dstfno Oct 6, 2020

Why would it have any effect at all? Other than the Snoopy label these are two unique pieces with both their unique traits. The previous one won't be any less desirable or any more available because of this new release, so prices will remain stable.