Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Reduced Small Seconds Problem?

1. tlite Jan 20, 2017

Hi There,

Just bought a used '02 Speedy Reduced as a gift for my father.

It doesn't appear the small seconds is working properly. When I start the chronograph seconds, both the small seconds and chrono work properly.

When I stop the chrono, the small seconds (right sub-dial) usually stops as well, or goes for another few seconds and then sticks/stops.

So, in order to keep time, I have to run the chrono constantly and then nothing sticks and all works.

Anyone ever seen something like this before? Trying to avoid a $750 Omega service if possible!

Thanks!

2. tlite Jan 20, 2017

Here's a video of the issue- any new thoughts or am I screwed?

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 20, 2017

The whole watch is stopping - unfortunately there are no user serviceable parts inside, so off to service it goes...

4. tlite Jan 20, 2017

I guess I knew that. Arrggh. Thanks for the response.

5. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 20, 2017

You could look for a local watchmaker capable of making the required repairs. It would likely be much cheaper than sending it to omega.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 20, 2017

It most cases that works but these movements are a bit different, some watchmakers will take them apart and service them (piggyback module included) but most that I've spoken to won't.

7. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 20, 2017

It would still be worth checking out. Omega service is always available if no one in OP's local area is willing to work on it.

8. tlite Jan 21, 2017

I'm in Orlando. I know one decent shop- will bring it in and see what they think. Thanks!