Forums Latest Members
  1. lowen Moonwatch Only Author Dec 8, 2019

LeonDeBayonne, Badwolf and JimJupiter like this.
  2. exador Dec 8, 2019

Sweet. Wonder how it takes for these to appear on the grey market :whistling:

3. Xtof Dec 8, 2019

The watch itself features very little changes compared to the regular model. And the Bleu/Blanc/Rouge hands is not very subtle nor really exclusive...

Moreover, the Speedmaster has never been an official toolwatch for the RAID.

It reminds me of the bottles of champagne that you can order for a weeding, and for which you can ask a customized label with the date and names of the spouses written on it. It is the same assemblage, the same sugar dosage, the same vintage as the regular champagne. But it remains a nice souvenir for the ones who attended the weeding.

I am sure that the RAID officers that have the watch will enjoy their customized hands and logo on the back. But on my side, as I have not any link with this group of friends, I don’t see any interest to get one.

OMEGuy and kov like this.
  4. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Dec 8, 2019

Inspector Clouseau Speedmaster.

SpeedyPhill and OMEGuy like this.
  5. Fabrice M Dec 8, 2019

Nice.

6. Jokr Dec 8, 2019

interesting, thanks for sharing! Did Omega create more of these "non available for the public" models in recent times? Or has this been an exclusive collaboration?

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 8, 2019

There is a question to if Omega actually did the customizing on these. Esp since they seem to carry a normal ref number.

There are more then a few Seamasters and Olanet Oceans with custom backs out there for various military organizations. They tend to MOD (UK) though.

8. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 8, 2019

It was imagined and put together by Antoine de Macedo, a French retailer. Not Omega itself ;)

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 8, 2019

Right but look at the case back it carries the anti fraud engraving. I think Omega might have put these together. Look at the case also.

the more I look at it I think it might have been omega.

10. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 8, 2019

Foo2rama likes this.
  11. Jokr Dec 8, 2019

"This model bears reference number 311.30.30.42.30.01.007, and is equipped with the caliber 1861.
    Note that all the specific features are manufactured and assembled in Switzerland by OMEGA."

Seems like Omega has been involved

12. kov Trüffelschwein. Dec 8, 2019

all the parts are original Omega parts, hence the engravings etc. Yes Omega was for sure involved. I can recall a blog post (in French) where Antoine de Macedo was telling the story of this watch and the meetings they had at omega. They wanted to do more « specialties » but this is what they’ve got.

Foo2rama likes this.
  13. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Dec 8, 2019

I saw one of these in Paris. I'm on the waiting list in case one comes to market... :) the customization is quite subtle..

14. Badwolf Dec 8, 2019

450 in RAID, 250 speedmasters, imagine not getting one :(

15. Claven2 Dec 8, 2019

I don't think they are gifts, but rather for the officers to purchase. Many won't, so I could see some going to market.

Badwolf likes this.
  16. Badwolf Dec 8, 2019

I guess that makes sense, but a very odd concept (unless reasonably discounted). The back is nice but I’m not a fan of the Tricolour hands.

17. Xtof Dec 9, 2019

An other element in the discussion: the RAID has accepted several times to have their logo used for watches, and chronograph in particular. And it appears that the idea of blue, white and red chronograph hands is quite common...

Here is a BRM special "RAID" edition for example...

78251F1A-0EEB-47F9-ACC9-E61B1C5AD43F.jpeg

Of course, I do prefer the Speedmaster but I also think the numerous partnerships between the RAID and watch brands devalues this last edition by Omega.

18. LeonDeBayonne Dec 9, 2019

@lowen Thanks for pointing this out and the article A. and G. Not my cup of tea to be honest. And not only for an aesthetical matter, as I would have a problem wearing this while not being part of RAID (like wearing a medal earned by someone else - of course, if it were an historical piece, it would be different). That being said, for once, it is a real limited edition, so hard core collectors will likely be interested.

Edited Dec 9, 2019
    Badwolf likes this.
  19. Badwolf Dec 9, 2019

Totally agree!

There are too many LE speedmasters, I don't think many (possibly any) improve on a classic design. I much prefer the older ones with silver/gold/white dials over the very fussy newer versions. There are many LE’s on eBay that are not selling, is the market getting swamped? Personally I’d rather spend my money on vintage.

Edited Dec 9, 2019
    LeonDeBayonne likes this.
  20. whitewolf777 May 12, 2020

The watch looks very nice in person.