Speedmaster Racing Panda - Impressions?

Loving mine more every time I look at it (and it's competing with 14 watches for wrist time)

QgNl7qu.jpg
Such a beautiful piece! Looks great! Price have cooled a bit too. Now might be a great time for OP to grab one if still interested!!!

Watch auctions are still a bit irrational. $4200 plus 25% buyer's premium, just ended

7FRUHix.png
That cannot be US.

That cannot be US.
They were up to $4200+ after the Tudor pandas came out. I paid $3400 almost 2 years ago now. I think C24 has them around $3700 currently.

So mine has to be worth 6k then? that's crazy!

Thanks for all thise that weighed in - I finally bit the bullet and ordered one. Same as one of the other posters, I purchased via eBay from Japan. Interesting that all of the other reverse panda Speedmasters were in Japan? I really like my current triple date two-tone Speedy (see Avatar), but the visibility of the hands are terrible. Having 8 hands does not help. It should be here later this week.
Edited:

Thanks for all thise that weighed in - I finally bit the bullet and ordered one. Same as one of the other posters, I purchased via eBay from Japan. Interesting that all of the other reverse panda Speedmasters were in Japan? I really like my current triple date two-tone Speedy (see Avatar), but the visibility of the hands are terrible. Having 7 hands does not help. It should be here later this week.

Can’t wait for the pics! Did you get it on rubber or on the bracelet?

I got it on the bracelet. Ad says "brand new" . What years were these made?

New old stock is probably a better way for them to describe it. I believe the line was discontinued in 2018. If I’m correct, I think I remember it launching in 2012 but I’m not certain on any of that. I bought mine mid 2020 and I know for sure it wasn’t in boutiques anymore by then. I went through chrono24 for mine!

Thanks Lesnerelli. Also curious why they seem to be prevalent in Japan? I ordered mine on the SS bracelet but ordered one of the rubber perforated Vario bracelets to use as well. Stay tuned - should be here over the next day or so.

Thanks Lesnerelli. Also curious why they seem to be prevalent in Japan? I ordered mine on the SS bracelet but ordered one of the rubber perforated Vario bracelets to use as well. Stay tuned - should be here over the next day or so.

Re Japan: I’m not sure but I have noticed the same with many Omega models. I suppose it could just be that Omega is more popular there … ??? I also remember seeing somewhere that the Racing 40mm line was not well received in the states.

A good thing for us who think it’s a terribly underrated piece! Translates to easy to get and not too expensive (relatively)! I can’t stress enough that I like it even better than a ceramic Daytona! It’s the perfect marriage of modern and vintage, while still retaining it’s own identity 😀

I never wore the bracelet, looks way better on a strap. In fact I’ve been trying to sell the bracelet lol.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions!!!

Re Japanese market- I believe someone told me that it was targeted to the Japanese market- hence the 40mm size. Don't know how true this is. Anyway I love mine- have it on the bracelet and rubber and bought it from Japan-fits me perfectly.

I received my Speedmaster Racing reverse panda today and I love it. It's been described perfectly by the other owners and it is all that and more. Perfect fit on my 7 inch wrist and the NOS Speedy that I ordered from eBay came from Japan in a couple weeks. Still tweaking the fit but already purchased a Vario perforated silicone that gives it a retro vintage look.

Thanks everybody for the info and support!

I've really enjoyed wearing mine, versatile watch.