Forums Latest Members

Speedmaster Racing Panda - Impressions?

1. vesnyder Jan 14, 2022

I have had my eye on this Speedmaster for several years now and am seriously considering purchasing. I started looking at while new ones were still available, but now I will have to purchase a used one. Some used one are available. Any owners out there? What do you think?

Omega Speedmaster Racing.JPG
    Manny1979 and OneTwo like this.
  2. NorthLaw Jan 14, 2022

I don’t own this watch but it is a very nice looking piece. It was one I had my eye on when considering my first omega.

Personally, I am particularly fond of the 3511.50 and will pick one up at some point (granted, it is a reverse panda).

In any event, I think this piece would make a fine choice.

3. shoota70 Jan 17, 2022

If you have had your eye on it for several years you should get it. If the timing is good go for it! YOLO.

It's a panda, co-axial, Omega - get it and enjoy it until you don't then pass it on.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 17, 2022

These are the 7750 based Co Axials... interesting pieces and movement.

These have been faked though, and the pictured one seems off for some reason, although it might just be the image compression.

Personally, I prefer its predecessor the Speedmaster dates. Which are 7750's and easier to service and slightly better looking dials to me. omega-speedmaster-date-day-date-32330404004001-list.jpg

5. Evitzee Jan 17, 2022

The oversized subdials are out of proportion to the rest of the dial, imo.

6. justacpa Jan 19, 2022

I prefer the regular panda to the reverse panda

7. pumpernikiel Jan 20, 2022

not my cup of tea - irregular subdials are too much for me

8. chipotlefire Jan 20, 2022

I have the panda and reverse panda. The reverse panda is a lot more impressive in person as the sub dials are silver with a pattern and catch the light, and the black is a rich black. It pops.

I have the reverse panda on the bracelet and it has a nice heft. It leans more dress-sport than sporty/tool.

I have the panda on a sail cloth strap.

The strap makes the watch wear smaller than the bracelet. Wears more like a 38mm.

The panda doesn’t pop but I like the yellow hands on the chrono for better visibility.

got the reverse panda last month new from a dealer in Japan through eBay, and eBay authenticated it. No duties bill so far from DHL

Would definitely recommend grabbing one and I’m partial to the reverse panda out of all the colors.

lesnerelli23 likes this.
  9. chipotlefire Jan 20, 2022

I think it looks odd because of lens distortion, the camera is super close. You can’t even see the crown guards on the right

10. lesnerelli23 Jan 23, 2022

I have this watch and love it. The movement is a bit noisy which was a shock coming from a Sub to this but I found out it’s the ceramic bearings. It doesn’t bother me once I learned it was normal. Also the lack of micro adjustments on the bracelet was annoying but I never planned to keep on the bracelet. I have it on this rally strap as you can see and could not be happier!!!

I love the vintage style of it and actually prefer it to the Daytona for style. I HIGHLY recommend going for it. There is plenty of NEW on chrono24 and even a listing by the dealer I bought mine from. Surprisingly, it has gone up $1k in price since I bought mine last year. I do think it’s worth the price though in every way. The finish is perfect and it’s just beautiful to look at on the wrist!!!

this is my first post as an omega forum member :)

I can’t wait to see what you decide! 8D72F355-B12E-4741-8912-9374DCE6CB5A.jpeg

11. chipotlefire Jan 28, 2022

Also a little lens distortion (iPhone, watches too close), but no other way for me to get both wrists in a pic when by myself :unsure:

[​IMG]

Manny1979, OneTwo, Duracuir1 and 3 others like this.
  12. w@tcher Jan 28, 2022

I have also the 2 above watches: Fois & Speedmaster Coaxial Racing.
    Taking the oportunity, just to refer that the bracelet of the Racing fits perfectly to the Fois.

chipotlefire likes this.
  13. lesnerelli23 Jan 28, 2022

I also wanted to add that the date is adjusted by a push button on the outside of the case. It’s on the side opposite of the crown and requires use of a pen or the included “tool” to set if/when the watch stops from not wearing it.

Besides the bracelet having no micro adjustments this was the only negative to me. Neither I would consider deal breakers, as I said earlier, I absolutely adore mine!

14. chipotlefire Jan 28, 2022

And for completeness, though the title of this thread is "Panda" it should technically be "Reverse Panda" ::stirthepot::

Here is the Panda (I think the Reverse looks much better):

[​IMG]

CharlieM0uze and w@tcher like this.
  15. w@tcher Jan 28, 2022

Last month i was looking to find a Panda, but i was not lucky - no success.... I finally went with the last piece that was available at my country.

[​IMG]

AYTifosi, MDubs and chipotlefire like this.
  16. myatt Jan 28, 2022

I can love this watch although it does violate the Speedy design ethic - like the new Chronoscope does - but at least the Chronoscope is inspired from the 1930s. Like the Chronoscope this watch would have done better with a difference case; the lyre-lugs assymetric case should be reserved for the true moonwatches IMO. I love the red pop on this dial and the big-eye cues. Go for it OP.

w@tcher likes this.
  17. chipotlefire Jan 28, 2022

Watch auctions are still a bit irrational. $4200 plus 25% buyer's premium, just ended

[​IMG]

18. lesnerelli23 Jan 29, 2022

Chrono24 has a few (new) around this price with shipping included from trusted sellers. The +25% does seem excessive!!!

19. CharlieM0uze Mar 7, 2022

$3000 - Mint condition with box and papers.

OndaWrist.jpg
    4011021 likes this.
  20. chipotlefire Apr 15, 2022

Loving mine more every time I look at it (and it's competing with 14 watches for wrist time)

[​IMG]

lesnerelli23 and apsm100 like this.