Forums Latest Members
  1. LJDRVR Jul 9, 2012

Hi all, new to the forum with a question.

I own 1999 30th anniversary Speedmaster Professional. The watch came off my wrist during a bike ride last year when a bracelet pin failed.

I didn't feel or see it.

After that horrible realization at the end of my ride, I retraced my steps and found it, driven over in the road.

The good news is that it's mainly intact. I need it overhauled, a new bezel, some repairs to the gouges in the case and of course a new crystal and bracelet.

I've got the address to the restoration center in Bienne. (I think.)

Anybody here have any experience or advice with this type of transaction?

Thanks!

Danny

2. Steve Jul 10, 2012

Thats going to be an expensive way to repair it.
    Might be better buying the new crystal, bezel and bracelet separately from Ofrei, and getting a tried and trusted watchmaker to repair it. Then maybe buy an old beater to wear for biking ?.

3. speedycosmograph Speedmasterus Pontificatus Jul 10, 2012

There is a guy who does excellent work on cases in NY, but the work he just did for me took a very long time and was not without trouble. The crystal and bezel, I agree, should be ordered and almost any watchmaker can install them. The bracelet, too, is an easy job. Your case will probably never be the same if it was gouged. Isn't it amazing it got run over and is still working, though?

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 10, 2012

Would be so perfect if he found a water damaged / rusted out Speedy to engine/dial swap this one into

5. Dash1 Jul 10, 2012

It might be possible to buy a whole new case too. What's the case reference number?