Forums Latest Members
  1. Tone27 May 3, 2020

Hi, I was wondering if there is any reason to buy or not a new Speedmaster over a vintage one?
    Thanks

2. ctime3 May 3, 2020

I am far from the expert like the majority of gentlemen here. This is interesting. My brother in law bought one at a flea market a long time ago and no issues. I would say if you k ow the service history that’s a big plus. A watchmaker at an omega event told me the speedmaster is a work house and one of the best. But just an opinion. I would let the others weigh in because they have a lot more real life experience than I do.

3. Meme-Dweller May 3, 2020

It's mostly the same watch except the new bracelet is too thick & heavy for the case, but that's easily resolved by buying a vintage bracelet.

4. rootbeer7 May 3, 2020

I went the for the best of both with a 1997 tritium model. Modern classic with amazing patina.

Pun and ctime3 like this.
  5. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl May 3, 2020

Buying vintage means doing a lot more homework prior to buying and most likely factoring in the cost of a service into your budget.

A new one will have a 5yr warranty.

Depends what your priorities in buying one are, really.

Edited May 3, 2020
  6. marco May 3, 2020

If you do your research and buy "right" from a reputable seller a vintage Speedmaster will only go up in value over time.